Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's May 2018 Reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments 7 this month and almost all of them good reads!

Gone But Knot Forgotten (A Quilting Mystery, #3) by Mary Marks Gone But Knot Forgotten by Mary Marks: 3rd in Quilting mystery series, and the only "middling" book for the month. Martha Rose is stunned to find out that her best friend from high school has passed away. When it turns out that she was murdered....and Martha has been named executor of her estate in her will, things get interesting. Grade: 6.5

I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara: Had this one in my cart at Amazon for awhile. When they caught the guy I went ahead and bought it. A very good read. I think I would be extremely depressed, though, if I were as obsessed with something like this as she was. Grade: 9

Sara Barefield by Marian D. Schwartz Sara Barefield by Marian D. Schwartz: This was a Kindle book, which usually takes me forever to read, but this one grabbed me up right away. Even more unusual since this is not my usual type of read. Sara finds herself pregnant at the age of 40 by the only man she has ever loved. She comes from a dirt-poor rural Virginia family and has pulled herself up from what she came from. When her man dies before she can tell him she's pregnant, she decides to leave all she has ever known to keep his family from interfering in her and her child's life. Grade: 8.5

The Lost Order (Cotton Malone, #12) by Steve Berry The Lost Order by Steve Berry: 12th Cotton Malone and not as good as some, but better than others. A story dealing with the Knights of the Golden Circle and an ancestor of Cotton's. These always move fast, so I never feel like I'm wasting my time! Grade: 8

A Magical Match (A Witchcraft Mystery #9) by Juliet Blackwell A Magical Match by Juliet Blackwell: 9th in Witchcraft series and another great offering! Love Lily, Sailor and Oscar! Grade: 8.5

Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #1) by Karen Rose Smith Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes by Karen Rose Smith: 1st in Daisy's Tea Garden series and a good one! Good characters and a good story with several likely suspects! Grade: 8

After the Storm (Kate Burkholder, #7) by Linda Castillo After the Storm by Linda Castillo: 7th in Kate Burkholder series, when a tornado tears through Painter's Mill it unearths human remains. Evidence reveals that the person didn't die accidentally and Kate becomes involved in a 30 year old case. Grade: 8.5

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15060 comments Nice looking list Melodie. I think I will read I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer, and agree an obsession on a case like this over many years would be depressing.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8300 comments Good month, Melodie. The one about the Golden State Killer caught my eye as well.