Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV Shows/ Podcasts > The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came To Eden

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Just watched an interesting documentary on Netflix that covered a crime/series of crimes I'd never heard of. These took place on the island of Floreana in the Galapagos in the 1930s, when a group of European ex-pats looking to start new lives moved there and found neighbors they didn't like rather than solitude. In the end, five of them were dead; two almost certainly murdered, two, including one of the possible killers, marooned on an island during an escape attempt; and one possibly of poisoning. One of the eventual survivors wrote a memoir from which the title is taken. It's a couple hours long, but I found it fascinating as it detailed something I never knew about before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gal...

Satan Came to Eden: A Survivor's Account of the "Galapagos Affair"

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14094 comments We have a shelf devoted to that subject, of course!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments I saw that. I might add it to 'Unsolved', too - the bodies of two of the island inhabitants were never found and no one was ever charged. How else to classify it? Crimes of Isolation? Hermit murders?

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14094 comments K.A. wrote: "I saw that. I might add it to 'Unsolved', too - the bodies of two of the island inhabitants were never found and no one was ever charged. How else to classify it? Crimes of Isolation? Hermit murders?"

Anyone who knows what goes on in a case should feel free to add a book to all shelves that apply.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments I couldn't figure out how to add a new shelf to it from our current bookshelf, so any advice would be appreciated. I just kept getting it to pop up in my own queue.

(Note: queue - the only word we regularly use in English with four silent letters).

message 6: by Fishface (last edited Jun 10, 2018 02:56PM) (new)

Fishface | 14094 comments You go to the book after it's been saved to the TC library and click Edit at the very far right. A screen pops up that allows you to add a book to an existing shelf or make a new shelf and add it to that. It's a looooong list and it may fit on several of them. The create-a-new-shelf option is all the way at the bottom, of course.

Be aware: if a book is already on one or more shelves and you add it to a newly-created one, that will take the book off all the other shelves so you have to add them back.

Be aware also: Some people add the same book to a given shelf over and over, so it looks as if we have 17 books on, say, the Moors Murders when there are only 13 plus duplicates. Look at the shelf first to see what's already there before going hogwild adding dupes.

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments Got it! Thanks.

message 8: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14094 comments Negative perspiration...