AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Beyond the Carousel (Wyattsville, #5)
This topic is about Beyond the Carousel
SPARE CHANGE: BEYOND THE CAROUSEL

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bette Crosby (bette_lee_crosby) | 29 comments In this last e-book Giveaway, I am going to tell you a bit about Beyond the Carousel...

It is a heartwarming Southern Saga about a perfect family in an imperfect world...

Laura Wilkes has everything a woman could want when she snaps the picture of her five-year-old daughter on the carousel. Each time the carousel comes around Laura snaps another picture, seven in all. This is a day of unforgettable happiness; one of the few Laura has left.

In the months following the stock market crash, the family is beset by tragedy. A homicide that goes unpunished. It's the height of the depression and there are hoards of faceless, nameless men living in train yards and back alleys. The murderer is never caught but the family never gives up hope of finding him.

Now twenty-five years later, Laura's daughter has fallen in love with a policeman. Jack Mahoney is a rookie with little or no power, but he's the one, the only one, who can deliver the justice the family has long awaited.

In a heartwarming family saga that stretches across three generations, and brings back Wyattsville's favorite detective, readers will get to know Jack Mahoney as a young man about to fall in love.

This story is set in the first half of the twentieth century and it is one that will make you fall in love with small-town America.

One lucky winner will be chosen from those who comment below and on Facebook to receive an e-book copy of Beyond the Carousel.

To join the gorup on Facebook, or leave a comment there - follow this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ameri...

Good luck to all!

message 2: by Jessalee (new)

Jessalee Shields-Dulaney (jessalee2) | 1 comments I love your books!! Posted on Facebook too.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments Sounds very good!

message 4: by Nisha (new)

Nisha Tissoo | 1 comments I love the sound of this book!! Very interested in reading.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Weber Sounds just wonderful!!!

message 6: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie Kolins | 3 comments Sounds awesome!! :)

message 7: by Jeanineitsme (new)

Jeanineitsme | 5 comments This sounds just as intriguing as your other books!

message 8: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Blair | 16 comments You are so generous Bette!

message 9: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Hannold | 3 comments This sounds great!! I love the carousel horse on the cover. Thank you for the chance Bette!!

message 10: by Tammi (new) - added it

Tammi (tammid) | 2 comments This one sounds awesome! Love the cover - always loved carousel horses. I grew up in "small town" America. It fluctuated between 1800-2500 people. There were 35 students in my graduating class.

message 11: by Pernette (new)

Pernette (kaitlynspet) | 1 comments Bette wrote: "In this last e-book Giveaway, I am going to tell you a bit about Beyond the Carousel...

It is a heartwarming Southern Saga about a perfect family in an imperfect world...

Laura Wilkes has everyth..."
I would love to win a copy of this book.

message 12: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol | 87 comments Love the carousel horse. My Dad use to take me to the park to ride a carousel when I was a very young child. Every time I see a picture of a carousel or carousel horse I think of Dad and times he took me there to ride my favorite horse.

Bette Crosby (bette_lee_crosby) | 29 comments Congratulations to Nisha - you are the winner of Beyond the Carousel, the last book in the Wyattsville Series. Please Facebook message me with your e-mail address and the format you prefer to read in- kindle, iBooks, etc.

message 14: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie Kolins | 3 comments Congrats Nisha!!

message 15: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Hannold | 3 comments Congratulations Nisha!!