What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Don't Look Behind You
This topic is about Don't Look Behind You
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, suspense, girl and family get put in witness protection, she's stupid and goes back to her old home [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Roberts | 8 comments Read it in about 2004 for my middle school reading class. For the life of me cannot recall the title or author.

Details:

Teen girl witnesses a crime and to protect her and her family they stick the family in witness protection. The main girl acts stupid, decides to go back to her old house and these murderers trap her in a closet. The one major detail I recall is how she escaped her closet. The crimials don't know theres a secret panel in the ceiling she can crawl out through.

I thought it might be Lois Duncan's Don't Look Behind You but the synopsis I read doesn't match what I recall. And the only parts I may have correct are the family go into witness protection and the bit on how the girl escapes a closet. I vould be remembering the rest incorrectly.

Anyone know?

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Apparently April does escape from a locked closet through a trap door leading to the attic in Lois Duncan's Don't Look Behind You, so maybe it is your book after all?

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Roberts | 8 comments In that case, it would be the book after all. Sounds like that's the only part I recalled correctly.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36488 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Don't Look Behind You by Lois Duncan - https://books.google.com/books?id=Z_e... There are different cover images.

Just to confirm, is this your book?

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Roberts | 8 comments While the cover isn't what I recall, it's been like 14 years so I doubt I'd recall it properly if I saw the correct one. But after a quick search for the section of text I do recall, yes, it's the correct book. I just don't know how to move this to solved using the app....

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36488 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Amber.

No worries. You need to use the full desktop website to mark this request as Solved. I used the small "edit" link beside the topic header.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Don't Look Behind You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lois Duncan (other topics)