What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy; Adult or YA - female protagonist attracted to a ruin down apartment building that ends up being magically warded and has gargoyles

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devan (new)

Devan | 2 comments I read a book somewhere around 2009 (give or take a couple years. It was a fantasy book, either adult or young adult. I remember almost nothing. There was a female protagonist. I think she had magic or was non-human. There was magic involved somehow. She comes across (somehow. Paper ad? Walked past?) an apartment building. I believe it was a little run down looking and definitely had gargoyles perched up top. Later it’s found that the building is magically warded. She moves in. The gargoyles come to life later and save her at one point. That’s all I remember. It’s not much but I appreciate any effort.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 856 comments One of Mercedes Lackey's? Diana Tregarde is a Guardian, and lives in a magically warded apartment building. In the Bedlam's Bard series co-written with Rosemary Edgehaill, Eric Banyon moves into the building and makes friends with a gargoyle.

message 3: by Devan (new)

Devan | 2 comments It’s not Eric Banyon’s series, excellent though it is. The Diana Tregarde feels right. I’ll find a copy a update in a few days. Thanks!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36488 comments Mod
Diana Tregarde series by Mercedes Lackey - Sue's suggestion

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Devan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mercedes Lackey (other topics)