The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Chelsea's Summer reading challenge mashup

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (pyronekocj) | 3 comments I am not great at following rules ;)
My summer reading challenge is, all. Beginner, Expert and extras.
This may mean I do not complete it, thats alright, ill do what i can.
I also am not following the month rules, its a mixup.

In this first post I am adding in the books ive read so far in this challenge, or am currently reading even if not completed yet. i started late May (I am trying to do all levels, the extra couple weeks was needed)
some of them fit into more than one category and there are some repeats of the same challenge through both levels. for books that fit into more than one category If i complete everything i will go back to catagories with books that are in more than one spot and I will try to read a new book for those, but for now they will fill it in.

THE BEGINNER LEVEL -

Summer Related Reads

Into the Great Wide Open: Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open

Get Your Grill On: Read a book that feature summer recipes, or outdoor summer activities

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover- Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs (most of the background is a dark green, and yellow flowers)

Beach Bum: Read a book that could be considered a "beach read" A Heat Of The Moment Thing by Maggie Le Page

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean - Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

Ocean Blue: Read a book that takes place on the water

Hook 'Em: Read a book that features a fisherman or fishing

Sports-aholic: Read a book that features a popular summer sport (I will let you be the judge of what that means!)

Campfire Story: Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you

One and Done: Read a book you can finish in one day The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea Poems by Mark Haddon

Tasks to Stretch Your Comfort Zone

Lets Get It On: Read a book that features falling in or out of love A Heat Of The Moment Thing by Maggie Le Page

Take Pride: Read a book written by a LGBTQIA author or one that features a LGBTQIA character

Read the World: Read a book that takes place in a country - or focuses on a culture - other than your own

Diversify Yourself: Read a book by an author of color

You Have a Lovely Accent: Read a book that was translated from another language

Won't Be Long: Read a collection of short stories or essays

Poet at heart: Read a book of poetry The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea Poems by Mark Haddon

My, What Big Teeth You Have: Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairytale Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

High Noon: Read a classic or contemporary Western

TBRing IT: Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile (virtual or real!)

Unshelve It: Read a book that's been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while (virtual!)

Childhood Reboot: Read a choose-your-own-adventure novel

Listen to Me: Listen to an audiobook

THE EXPERT LEVEL -

June Reads

Take Pride: Read a book written by a LGBTQIA author or one that features a LGBTQIA character

Into the Great Wide Open: Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open

It's the End of the World: Read a book about the end of the world

School's Out for Summer: Reread a book you were forced to read in school

Sick Day: Read a book you were supposed to read in school but didn't

Sports-aholic: Read a book that features a popular summer sport (I will let you be the judge of what that means!)

July Reads

Get Your Grill On: Read a book that feature summer recipes, or outdoor summer activities

Backyard BBQ: Read a book that features a family reuniting or hanging out for the summer

Forefathers Read a book about your country's independence

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs

Red, White, and Blue: Read a book that has the words Red, white, or blue in the title

Funny Bone: Read a comical/humorous book

Embrace Your Inner Geek: Read a book about geek culture

Sun, Moon and Stars: Read a book that takes place in outer space

I Feel a Breeze: Read a book that takes place at a nudist colony or features nudists

Beach Bum: Read a book that could be considered a "beach read" A Heat Of The Moment Thing by Maggie Le Page

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

August Reads

Lets Get It On: Read a book that features falling in or out of love A Heat Of The Moment Thing by Maggie Le Page

It's 12 o'clock Somewhere: Read a book that takes place in a bar or heavily features drinks/drinking

Stranded: Read a book that takes place on an island or in which the characters find themselves stranded

One and Done: Read a book that you can finish in one day

Lucky to Have You: Read a book that you picked up at a library sale or thrift store

Girl Power: Read a book about feminism or written by a feminist

Life is a Highway: Read a book that features a road trip

Time of Our Lives: Read a book in which the character(s) go on an adventure

Memories: Read a book that you bought while on vacation

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (pyronekocj) | 3 comments THE BEGINNER LEVEL -

Summer Related Reads

Into the Great Wide Open: Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open His Majesty's Dragon

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover- Burn Bright (most of the background is a dark green, and yellow flowers)

Beach Bum: Read a book that could be considered a "beach read" A Heat Of The Moment Thing

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean - Peter and the Starcatchers

One and Done: Read a book you can finish in one day
Kitty in the Underworld

Lets Get It On: Read a book that features falling in or out of love
A Heat Of The Moment Thing

Read the World: Read a book that takes place in a country - or focuses on a culture - other than your own

Poet at heart: Read a book of poetry
The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea: Poems

My, What Big Teeth You Have: Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairytale
Peter and the Starcatchers

TBRing IT: Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile (virtual or real!)

Unshelve It: Read a book that's been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while (virtual!)

The Trail of Lost Time (Choose Your Own Adventure

THE EXPERT LEVEL -

June Reads

His Majesty's Dragon

The Kill Order

July Reads

Backyard BBQ: Read a book that features a family reuniting or hanging out for the summer

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs

Red, White, and Blue: Read a book that has the words Red, white, or blue in the title

Funny Bone: Read a comical/humorous book

I Feel a Breeze: Read a book that takes place at a nudist colony or features nudists

Beach Bum: Read a book that could be considered a "beach read"

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean
Peter and the Starcatchers

August Reads

It's 12 o'clock Somewhere: Read a book that takes place in a bar or heavily features drinks/drinking

Stranded: Read a book that takes place on an island or in which the characters find themselves stranded

Kitty in the Underworld

Lucky to Have You: Read a book that you picked up at a library sale or thrift store

Time of Our Lives: Read a book in which the character(s) go on an adventure

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (pyronekocj) | 3 comments THE BEGINNER LEVEL -

Summer Related Reads

Into the Great Wide Open: Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover- Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs (most of the background is a dark green, and yellow flowers)

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean - Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

Ocean Blue: Read a book that takes place on the water Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik

Sports-aholic: Read a book that features a popular summer sport (I will let you be the judge of what that means!) The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner (running is a summer sport :P )

One and Done: Read a book you can finish in one day
Kitty in the Underworld (Kitty Norville, #12) by Carrie Vaughn

A Heat Of The Moment Thing by Maggie Le Page

Take Pride: Read a book written by a LGBTQIA author or one that features a LGBTQIA character The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1) by T.J. Klune

Poet at heart: Read a book of poetry
The Talking Horse and the Sad Girl and the Village Under the Sea Poems by Mark Haddon

My, What Big Teeth You Have: Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairytale
Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

TBRing IT: Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile (virtual or real!) The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

The Trail of Lost Time (Choose Your Own Adventure (Paperback/Revised)) by R.A. Montgomery

THE EXPERT LEVEL -

June Reads

Take Pride: Read a book written by a LGBTQIA author or one that features a LGBTQIA character The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1) by T.J. Klune

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik

The Kill Order (The Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner

Sports-aholic: Read a book that features a popular summer sport (I will let you be the judge of what that means!) The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

Ocean Blue: Read a book that takes place on the water Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik

July Reads

The colors of Summer: Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik

Funny Bone: Read a comical/humorous book A Destiny of Dragons (Tales From Verania, #2) by T.J. Klune

Beach Bum: Read a book that could be considered a "beach read"

Sand Between My Toes: Read a book that takes place in or around the/a beach or ocean
Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry

August Reads

Kitty in the Underworld (Kitty Norville, #12) by Carrie Vaughn

Time of Our Lives: Read a book in which the character(s) go on an adventure The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1) by T.J. Klune