What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short Story Collection -Fiction-Thriller genre - one of them about a couple that eats poisonous mushrooms

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen | 2 comments Hope someone here recognizes this book...A substitute teacher read a few of these short stories to us out loud. But this was in 1996 (ages ago...) and I cannot remember the title or author. Please help if you can!

There are two things I remember about this short story collection:

1. One story is about a couple that gets poisoned by mushrooms in a meal they eat at a restaurant (hotel?) and the line in the story that goes: "the murdered couple drove away." Which I thought was very cleverly written.

2. Another story about some kind of radioactive/poisonous element? gas? (U- some number i can't remember) - and these poor lab workers trying to escape when the element gets loose and they are in danger of getting poisoned

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Still looking for this?

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen | 2 comments Yup, do you know the title of the anthology by chance?

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments No, not off hand. Sometimes I ask about unsolved books that sound interesting, so that there's a greater chance of them getting solved.