What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lizzie Borden:  The Untold Story
This topic is about Lizzie Borden
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Seeking book about Lizzie Borden..decades old, school required reading. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bren fall in love with the sea. (last edited Jun 07, 2018 06:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments Hi. I am trying to find a book I read at least 35 years ago, was required school reading about Lizzie Borden. Dealt primarily with her trial. Spoke of her backround (I remember the word "spinster" was used.) The book also had pictures from court trial I THINK and wasn't all that long.

Have tried to find but there are hundreds of books about her so was not sure how to narrow it down.

The book also from what I remember, seemed to not be convinced she did it if I'm remembering it accurately. The book did not say she was innocent but took a neutral stance and I remember this clearly.

I also want to stress that it was entirely about the court trial so it was not a fictionalized version of her life etc but dealt with the trial with some facts about her life mixed in. Wish I could remember more but it was a long time ago.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
A guess - Lizzie Borden: The Untold Story (1961) by Edward D. Radin?

http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > 1960-1985? | Subject: Lizzie Borden | Non-Juvenile | Non-Fiction | Book | English

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments Hi Kris. I think this is indeed the book.It fits and the cover looks right too. And it looks to be about 250 pages which is the right length as well. Thank you. Really appreciate it.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Great! Glad we could help, Bren.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lizzie Borden: The Untold Story (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Edward D. Radin (other topics)