What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ignited (Ignited, #1)
This topic is about Ignited
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy romance descendants of angels? Good and bad people distinguished by their eyes (dark ring around pupil-bad). Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Albrecht-Früh | 7 comments I read this book about 4 years ago I think. I'm pretty sure it was a female author. It is part of a book series.
The protagonist ist female and I think she doesn't live with her parents anymore because they died in an "accident". I think she lives with her grandmother. Anyway, there's this guy she keeps seeing, that she's been seeing every now and then all her life. Like he is protecting her. And she has a close friend and they meet this new guy who is interested in the girl. She's kind of shy and insecure btw. He seems like a bad guy but is nice to her. I think they meet at a party or he is new to their school or something. He has a lip piercing. Also in this book they have special powers. Like living for a long time and being able to heal themselves I think. But I think it already said that in the book description on the back.

---SPOILER-----

The bad boy she meets kisses her at this party they go to(he had a lip piercing) and he says something like "you are not at all what I expected" because he was sent to find her. He belongs to this group of bad people who are defined by this dark ring around their pupil or something dark in their eyes. But she does not know this of course. Then they are walking back to the party and he sees these bad guys that he obviously knows and gets in a fight with them.
I don't remember how but somehow the guy I was talking about earlier (I think his name is Nathan?) shows up and saves her. He belongs to the good side and they are defined by a light ring around their pupil or something. You can tell the good and bad sides apart by their eyes apparently. Oh and they have special powers like staying young for a long time(Nathan still looks the same as he did 10 years ago). I think they got them from Angels further up their bloodline.
Nathan and the girl flee from the bad guys and he starts explaining everything to her. Later they learn that she is special too and still has to decide if she will be on the good side or the bad side. He also has a special tattoo. And the people who he thinks are his friends betray him when he asks for help and as a result the girl is dragged into the compound of the bad guys and the good guy and the bad guy have to wok together to get her out. Because the bad guy fell in love with her too. Nathan(or whatever his name was) falls in love with her and she with him when they're on the run together. And as it turns out he was one of the people who rescued her when she was young and the bad guys where in her house where her parents died that night. And she trusted him because of his eyes.

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Jordan (rapunzelsnoose) | 4 comments I don’t remember the eye thing, but the rest sounds like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. Hope that helps! xo

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Fallen series by Lauren Kate - Kelly's suggestion

message 4: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Albrecht-Früh | 7 comments Thank you but sadly no :(
As far as I can remember, there were no actual angels in the book anymore just people that had angel blood from ancestors. I know the guy that protects her tells her about the Nephilim. And he also told her that he and others like him are like 1/8th or 1/4th angel or something like that.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Pluym | 102 comments Could it be Hush, Hush?

It’s been a while since I read it but it does have nephilim.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - Megan's suggestion

message 7: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Albrecht-Früh | 7 comments Ugh I wish it were Hush, hush (it’s a great book) but sadly no. In the book that I‘m looking for the girl has two love interests.
Thank you though!! + she’s on the run with one of them.

message 9: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Albrecht-Früh | 7 comments OMG thank you so much Aysche!!!! I was starting to think i‘d dreamed up the book. Thank you thank youuuu!!! This group is amazing!! :D SOLVED!!!!!!!!!! Ignited it is.