World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > Piercing, tattoos

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16088 comments Talking about implanting microchips, how about piercing or tattoos? Are they a nice augmentation of human body or a silly vogue to disappear in year 2129? What's your attitude?

message 2: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 1859 comments I like ears and belly button piercing. The rest, don't appeal to me.

Tattoos - both my son and daughter have them. I don't understand them because there is nothing I want permanently inked into my skin. I think facial tattoos and "sleeves' are completely unattractive.

message 3: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments In my job I get to see a lot of tattoos and piercings, and sometimes there are some magnificent pieces of art.

On the other hand, there are some…less than attractive efforts… both in terms of subject matter and skill level.

Having said that, neither tattoos nor piercings are for me.

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16088 comments Leonie wrote: "....neither tattoos nor piercings are for me..."

I guess any plans for offering a design for a WWW tattoo should be suspended -:)

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer It's a form of creativity. I have several tattoos. As for piercings, I'll leave that to others. :)

message 6: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan I was thinking of tattooing "I love Chloe." On my chest then decided my wife might not like it....

message 7: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16088 comments If Chloe is the wife the risk is not tremendous-:)

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Graeme wrote: "I was thinking of tattooing "I love Chloe." On my chest then decided my wife might not like it...."

LOL!

message 9: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Nik wrote: "If Chloe is the wife the risk is not tremendous-:)"

Nah, she's the anti-hero MC in my books... :-).

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) I'm just thankful that it is illegal to tattoo a baby. (Lots of bad parenting going on out there)

message 11: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Nik wrote: "Leonie wrote: "....neither tattoos nor piercings are for me..."

I guess any plans for offering a design for a WWW tattoo should be suspended -:)"

🤣🤣🤣

message 12: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Holly wrote: "I'm just thankful that it is illegal to tattoo a baby. (Lots of bad parenting going on out there)"

Oh my goodness! It had never occurred to me that people would consider that...but...of course there are some who would.

message 13: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi Leonie, Holly, I'd also never considered the idea until Holly pointed it out....

Bizarre but true. The concept of "informed consent," is lost on some people.

message 14: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Graeme wrote: "Hi Leonie, Holly, I'd also never considered the idea until Holly pointed it out....

Bizarre but true. The concept of "informed consent," is lost on some people."

So, so true.

message 15: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 6184 comments Nik, oops, I already have WWW tattooed on my toe :-)

Would you want someone to tattoo your name on their body?

message 16: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16088 comments Scout wrote: "Nik, oops, I already have WWW tattooed on my toe :-)

Would you want someone to tattoo your name on their body?"

Oh, so maybe your toe can replace my foot on the group's pic? We can find some banknotes for the background -:)

My name on somebody's body? Nah, I've no personal cult problems, besides, I'd feel committed, which feeling some men tend to avoid -:)

message 17: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 6184 comments I have pierced ears, and that was painful enough, but other body parts? Which piercing would be the most painful, I wonder.