Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Michael Phelps: Beneath the Surface
This topic is about Michael Phelps
2018 Group Reads - MH Nonfiction > June -non fiction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Aloha,

My apologizes for being late. How are you liking the books far?

message 2: by Ean (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ean Great recommendation! I don't read enough biographies and Michael Phelps has always struck me as an interesting character so I am looking forward to this one!

Interesting fact - Michael Phelps' birthday is June 30th.

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Ian wrote: "Great recommendation! I don't read enough biographies and Michael Phelps has always struck me as an interesting character so I am looking forward to this one!

Interesting fact - Michael Phelps' b..."

Mahalo! I did not know his birthday. Ironic. 🤗🎗

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Aloha,

What are your thoughts? If you are still reading the boom, what do you think so far?

message 5: by Ean (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ean i am just reading it now! my hoopla subscription to it expired but happily a friend of mine let me log in and use her last book for June to pick up where I left off! Its nice to have book buddies😄

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Ian wrote: "i am just reading it now! my hoopla subscription to it expired but happily a friend of mine let me log in and use her last book for June to pick up where I left off! Its nice to have book buddies😄"

Always nice to have good friends. I hope you enjoy it! 🤗🎗

message 7: by Ean (last edited Jun 25, 2018 08:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ean So I finished, finally! I really struggled with this one. It is just soo full of .... NUMBERS!! (Yep, I really should have expected that, huh) Each time I found myself wading through paragraphs of swim times my attention drifted away like a beach ball. So sad. I really wanted to love this one. I was expecting more deep insights into his will power and ability to dig deep and pull through to the finish line sort of inspiration but it didn't come across that way to me anyhow. How did you feel about this one?

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Interesting. Almost done. Sorry.