AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

The Regrets of Cyrus Dodd (Wyattsville, #4)
This topic is about The Regrets of Cyrus Dodd
Winner #3 & THE REGRETS OF CYRUS DODD

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bette Crosby (bette_lee_crosby) | 29 comments First the winner of yesterday's e=book copy of Passing through Perfect is Cindy Deatherage. Congratulations Cindy!

Now... onto to today's feature: The Regrets of Cyrus Dodd is an early twentieth-century family saga of two Southern men who come up against one another. Both are prideful, iron-willed and stubborn. One will lose his farm, the other will lose his family. In a tale that delves into the heart of a small town West Virginia community, two men discover that being right is not the same as being happy.

Believing he has lost everything, Cyrus Dodd has no choice but to start over. He and wife Ruth leave their farm and travel to Wyattsville. As they settle down to a life far different than what he'd planned, Cyrus is forced to deal with one challenge after another, and the regrets trail behind him like a row of ducklings.

He told Ruth they were leaving trouble behind and swore this time it would be better; but now he's wondering if that's a promise he can keep.

One lucky winner will be drawn from the comments here and on the American Historical Novel Facebook page to receive an e-book copy of this novel. Winner will be announced tomorrow. Good luck to all.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Trosterud | 1 comments This looks so good!

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments This series looks awesome!

message 4: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Congratulations Cindy!
I really like the premise of this book. I agree that sometimes it's not always best to be right!

message 5: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Blair | 16 comments Thank you Bette. I enjoy sagas!

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha Conway | 255 comments Mod
Congratulations, Cindy! Sounds like a gripping tale.

message 7: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 2 comments Congrats on yesterdays win Cindy. This looks like a great read ty!

message 8: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Smith (lindasmith-abookninja) | 6 comments Would love to read this book, Bette Lee. It sounds so good!

message 9: by Jeanineitsme (new)

Jeanineitsme | 5 comments This sounds awesome- thanks for the chance!

Bette Crosby (bette_lee_crosby) | 29 comments Please forgive me for not answering everyone on a more timely basis - we have Comcast and the past few days they have been giving me fits. I get online and two minutes later it stalls. I have a fairly new iMac, so I don't think it's my computer, it's Comcast. Grrrrr.

Anyway, good news for Jeanineitsme- you are the winner of today's giveaway of an e-book copy of The Regrets of Cyrus Dodd. Please Facebook message me your e-mail address and let me know what format you read in - Kindle, iBooks, etc. Congratulations & enjoy reading!