What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Mystery about a female detective in Saudi Arabia or Jalalabad who needed her brother to drive her around to crime scenes.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Herve (new)

Herve | 39 comments hello, I am looking for the name of a mystery book about a female detective in Saudi Arabia who needed her brother to drive her around to crime scenes. I think the author was a male, and it probably was published in the early 2000s. thank you.

message 2: by Cheryl A (new)

Cheryl A | 68 comments There's Finding Nouf by Zoë Ferraris, set in Saudi Arabia and features a woman who works with the police department. I've only read the first in the series, so I don't know if she advances to a detective, but does help to solve a crime in the first book.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
I added more plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 4: by Herve (new)

Herve | 39 comments hi, I am almost sure it was a male author. it was very urban, I think maybe it was in jalalabad rather than Saudi Arabia.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 08, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

Herve, can you tell us more about the woman - who does she work for (in Afghanistan/Saudi Arabia), her skills, age, married/single, personality, etc.?

message 6: by Herve (new)

Herve | 39 comments She was a young woman, I think the name of the town started with j or r. Her boss was a man who seemed disgusted with the way women were treated there. I think it was a hardback.

message 7: by Kris (last edited Aug 01, 2018 12:43PM) (new)

Can you give us details about the specific crime(s) she investigates?

The Nayir Sharqi & Katya Hijazi series by Zoë Ferraris turned up while searching. But one the protagonists is a forensic scientist in Saudi Arabia.

message 8: by Herve (new)

Herve | 39 comments Thank you everyone, for all your help. I was trying to find this book on behalf of a relative who does not have Goodreads, but I do not think their memory on it is very clear, and they no longer seem very interested in finding out. Is there a way to close the thread since I cannot confirm when it is solved?

message 9: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Herve wrote: "Is there a way to close the thread since I cannot confirm when it is solved? "

You can edit the topic and change the folder to "Query abandoned by poster" (or ask a moderator to do this for you, if you're on the app).

message 10: by Herve (new)

Herve | 39 comments Yes, could a moderator do this please? I am using the app. Thanks everyone.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Finding Nouf (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Zoë Ferraris (other topics)