Play Book Tag discussion

The Power
This topic is about The Power
Archive: Other Books > The Power - Naomi Alderman - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments In The Power its author, Naomi Alderman, has created a world where women develop the ability to produce an electrical current that they can use against others. It starts out with just a few girls having it, then it quickly spreads to a large percentage of women worldwide. The story primarily follows a politician, her daughter, a women who is part of a crime family, and one who becomes the face of the new movement forming. There is also a male journalist who tries to place himself at the center of major demonstrations or violence that erupt. Because of his risk taking and understanding of the issues involved, he was the character I found most interesting.

The author shows the world changing due to this new electrical weapon. The people in the story adjust and use it for their benefit. Women end up in positions of power where they may not have held it in the past. Men are often the target; they become fearful and lose their status. How it will all be resolved is not an easy matter to determine.

Susie | 4488 comments Man I loved this book! I might even reread it at some stage, and I never reread. I’m glad you liked it too.

message 3: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I really need to get to this book.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Me too, Joi! This is my IRL book club selection so I need to get to it before June 27!