Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Beta Readers!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Weiser I'm seeking beta readers for my 73,000 word contemporary YA. I've been querying agents, and have received a number of requests to read the whole novel. However, I have not yet received representation. I would like to evaluate the book again.

Here is my tagline: Two girls lives have been forever altered by a crime that took place in the distant past. But neither girl knows of the crime, nor of the other's existence.

I'm happy to read your novel in exchange, or offer a gift card in appreciation for your time.

message 2: by Annette (new)

Annette Abernathy | 158 comments Hey,

My partner and I actually do this for a fee but since you seem as though you're looking for a critique rather than an edit/beta read I'll read it for you for free.

email is molly.seay@gmail.com if interested.

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Weiser Annette wrote: "Hey,

My partner and I actually do this for a fee but since you seem as though you're looking for a critique rather than an edit/beta read I'll read it for you for free.

email is molly.seay@gmai..."

Hi Annettte,

How do you see the distinction between being a beta reader and offering a critique? I'm looking for feedback on my novel, and would provide a series of questions I'd like to have answered, using a rating scale.

Are you and your partner writers, editors, YA readers? I'm open to possibly paying something or offering a gift certificate. If you have a website or something, I'd be interested in hearing more about you. You can also email me at ekweiser@gmail.com.

Thanks!!

message 4: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve | 4 comments Hello Evelyn!

Are you still looking for betas? I would be happy to help! I also have a YA contemporary that we could do an exchange for.