What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Suspense thriller book where the suspected killer kept a diary (can’t remember if it was paper or audio) and he killed a victim with scalding hot water.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Hayden | 1 comments I am not a huge reader, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would like to “read” more. I “read” while I drive, so I listened to this book in audio version. I’m sorry that I can’t remmeber a ton of details, but there was a serial killer that would scope out potential victims, and would “talk to his diary” about the situation. If I remember correctly, he had these “diaries” hidden is his home. I also remember one victim that he tortured with scalding hot water, and would bring them just to the point of death. There was a huge plot twist at the end, where I think the killer turned out to be someone the character trusted, and was actually in a cabin with this person helping to “protect” them.
I really appreciate any help with these vague details I can provide.

message 2: by Ingo (last edited Jun 07, 2018 10:04AM) (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 639 comments Maybe there are a few additional hints you can give us:
when did you read this book (timeframe), medium (Hardcover, Paperback, eBook, Audio), also maybe when you read it, wether it was new or old (or when was it released)? The answers will help us to help you.

One other thing, the plot twist you describe is a spoiler (imho), you should mark it so. For me this not a problem, but others might not want get spoiled. This is currently possible with the desktop (browser) version of Goodreads, not with a mobile app. You should see a link "some html is ok" you can click which describes how to mark spoilers and other things.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Paul, are you still looking for this or did you find it?