What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)
This topic is about Passions of a Wicked Earl
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance - Involving a Duke and his wife who lead an estranged relationship because of a misunderstanding. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samriddha (new)

Samriddha Bhattacharya | 2 comments The plot is such that, there is a Duke who has a marriage arranged to a young girl. He finds the girl interesting but the girl is not comfortable with him. In fact she is on closer terms with the Duke's brother. On their wedding night the girl lets her friend know that she is horrified by thinking of what might happen in their wedding night, so her friend (the Duke's brother), gets into the bed with her and waits till her husband enters their room to find them like that. His plan is successful. Hurt, the Duke sends his wife to stay away from him on one of his estates. After a few years she returns to change his mind. They both get along very well and fall in love. However, the Duke's mistress cannot bear the growing relationship and arranges for a meeting between the Duke's brother (the one who was in bed with his wife) and his wife. The Duke's brother thinks that the woman he is going to meet in a secular spot during a party is the Mistress, whereas it is actually his friend (the Duke's wife) and the girl thinks that she is going to meet her husband there. The brother hugs the girl from behind thinking it is the mistress, and the girl thinks it is her husband the Duke. At this point of time, the Duke enters and all his notions about his wife is shattered. He leaves her and goes away. The Duchess was pregnant with the Duke's child as well. On hearing that the Duke sent her a bangle. The Duchess, who was angry by the fact that her husband didn't even let her explain the misunderstanding that took place, and sent her just a bangle instead of coming in person to meet her on hearing the news of pregnancy, takes a horse and rushes to her husband. However she meets with an accident. The Duke on hearing of her accident comes to see her. She is on her death bed and has lost the child. The Duke is grieved by seeing her condition. The Duchess whispers her friend's name in an unconscious state, the Duke thinking that she truly loves his brother (the friend), sends for him. On seeing her friend she asked him why was he there at the meeting spot, he tells her the reason and the misunderstanding is cleared. He goes and says the same to the Duke. The Duke on realizing his mistake goes back to his Duchess and they reconcile.

Some additional details:
After the accident, the Duchess had her hair cut short.
The mistress' name is Lady Catherine (in all probability).
The meeting spot was a greenhouse(as far as I can remember).

message 2: by Mai (last edited Jun 06, 2018 12:59PM) (new)

Mai | 1276 comments This sounds so familiar... Could it be Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath? I want to say it's a series...
It's Lady Claire though, and he's an earl, not a duke.

message 3: by Samriddha (new)

Samriddha Bhattacharya | 2 comments Mai wrote: "This sounds so familiar... Could it be Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath? I want to say it's a series...
It's Lady Claire though, and he's an earl, not a duke."

Yes!! You are absolutely correct!! Thank you so much.

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments You're welcome! I hesitated a bit before reading the book because the title sounded a little stupid (and the cover, jeez...) but I actually enjoyed reading it!