What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Vanish
This topic is about Vanish
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Young adult, aliens, coma, storm, apocalypse, motorcycle accident. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori I want to say I read this between 2006-2009 (sorry that's such a big range). I remember a dark cover, maybe with some blue... pretty sure it was written by a man.

What I remember: There are maybe 4 main characters, each who have something bad happen to them. The one that sticks out is someone is in a motorcycle accident. I also remember a storm and someone reminiscing about a loved one they lost or had gotten into an argument with. All of these people, because of their situation, are in a coma. When they are in the coma, they "meet" each other... their stories connect. They don't know they are in a coma, but I guess their dream or whatever is that they're in what seems like a post-apocalyptic world with aliens, or some other kind of monster that they must escape form.

As people wake up from their comas, they leave this fantasy land & the people who are still in the coma don't know where these people are going. But they must continue to survive together.. I guess the alien/monster is death, or something like that.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36502 comments Mod
Vanish by Tom Pawlik?

Lori, do you learn that they're in a coma near the star of the book or later on (i.e., it's a spoiler)?

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori OMG. That’s it!! Thank you SO much

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36502 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Lori. I got lucky with a Google search:

site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" four people "coma" aliens motorcycle

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vanish (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tom Pawlik (other topics)