Historical Fictionistas discussion

Berlin Butterfly: Ensnare
This topic is about Berlin Butterfly
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ancient History (Old Threads) > Berlin Butterfly: Ensnare Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmine, Gatekeeper of Giveaways. (new) - added it

Jasmine | 1223 comments Mod
A new giveaway is being hosted for the new book Berlin Butterfly: Ensnare by Leah Moyes. For this book there are 5 paperback copies being offered to participants who live in the U.S. The author would like recipients to write a review of the book upon completion, but it is not mandatory.

The giveaway will be held from today, June 6th, until June 15th. Winners will have 48 hours to send me their information. After 48 hours they will forfeit their win. New winners will not be drawn. Failure to claim your win may result in disqualification from future giveaways.

Happy reading!

Death or Freedom? Hardly a choice.

Aug 12, 1961, Berlin Germany. Nationale Volksarmee soldiers roll barbed wire across the war-torn city to create the first Berlin Wall. Families are separated, livelihoods destroyed, death comes easily as crippling fear paralyzes the occupants on both sides of the wall.

Fifteen-year-old Ella is torn between fleeing to the west with her brother, Josef, and best friend, Anton, or remaining on the east side with her dying father. The impact of one decision can transform a person’s life. This story is about that decision.

The first book in the “Berlin Butterfly” series, Ensnare is an emotional heart-wrenching historical romance that leads the reader down the dark, early years of the Berlin Wall and through the eyes of a teenage girl living in post-war Germany. Readers will be captivated with Ella’s strength, determination, and vulnerability as she opens her heart amidst a dangerous and terrifying journey.

Maureen (maursbooks) | 389 comments I would love a copy Please enter me in this giveaway

message 3: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Crampton (cramptonmargaret) | 8075 comments Please could you enter me in the giveaway. Many thanks from Margaret

Sarah Bowe (sarahsbookstack) I would love to win a paper copy!

message 5: by Jackballoon (new)

Jackballoon (platogleon) | 5482 comments I would love a copy. Here’s hoping,

Janis Durelle | 4 comments I would love to be entered to win a copy. Please enter me in this giveaway

message 7: by Jasmine, Gatekeeper of Giveaways. (new) - added it

Congrats to the winners:

Maureen
Margaret
Sarah
Jackballoonn
Janis

Please PM me your U.S. addresses and I will pass those on to the author.

message 8: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Crampton (cramptonmargaret) | 8075 comments Sorry I
Don’t have a US address and don’t know what is PM?

message 9: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Crampton (cramptonmargaret) | 8075 comments Oh sadly only available in the US not for South Africa.

message 10: by Jasmine, Gatekeeper of Giveaways. (new) - added it

Margaret wrote: "Sorry I
Don’t have a US address and don’t know what is PM?"

PM is private message to avoid your address being out in the open. This author specified the U.S. only because of shipping costs. Unfortunately shipping begins to get expensive when it's international.

message 11: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Crampton (cramptonmargaret) | 8075 comments I realize shipping costs are huge. I am a retired publisher and we were shipping worldwide. Kindle is my answer!! Books are very expensive in South Africa as they attract duty unfortunately.

message 12: by Jasmine, Gatekeeper of Giveaways. (new) - added it

Margaret wrote: "I realize shipping costs are huge. I am a retired publisher and we were shipping worldwide. Kindle is my answer!! Books are very expensive in South Africa as they attract duty unfortunately."

That's unfortunate. I'm not a big fan of Kindle, but I don't know what I would do without my local library either because books are just expensive, especially if you read several a month. It adds up so fast.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.