Play Book Tag discussion

Turtle Moon
This topic is about Turtle Moon
June 2018: Magical Realism > Turtle Moon - Alice Hoffman - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1162 comments Lucy Rosen has moved to Florida to get away from her ex-husband and hopes for an improvement in her relationship with her 12 year-old son, Keith. Instead Keith is getting worse. He seems to have a compulsion to do the wrong thing, he hates the heat and life in Florida. On the day when their neighbor is brutally murdered, Keith finds her baby in a laundry basket and runs off with her to protect her. Now he is being tracked by Julian Cash and his K9 police dogs and the killer who knows Keith saw him.
Julian is a loner also with a bad rep from adolescence. It culminated in a crash that killed his cousin. The Angel cousin is stuck to the tree where the accident happened waiting for Julian to return, so he can be forgiven.
The other magical element revolves around Julian's and Keith's affinity to animals. Very good story.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments This book sounds very engaging with lots of action! I have only read two books by Hoffman (Practical Magic and Rules of Magic), but I enjoyed them both. Perhaps I should give more of her books a whirl.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Another Alice Hoffman. I am reading the Doverkeepers right now and I really like it. Good review.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9390 comments I’m delighted to hear that Rachel! I think turtle moon might’ve been my very first Alice Hoffman, and it’s been 1000 years since I’ve read it.