What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA- sci-fi or dystopia. Female main character is a fugitive with special powers/abilities

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments Hi there. I’ve been looking for this particular book for years now without success. It was young adult. I’m pretty sure the genre was either science-fiction or dystopia; it also had a thriller theme. It’s about a girl with special powers/abilities who goes on the run with a younger boy. Evil scientists/government officials are after her, and there’s a tracking device inside her locket. Which her mother had given her. That's about all I remember, unfortunately.

Also: It wasn’t something written recently. I’m pretty sure I read it circa 2005 or 2006.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Allison, can you describe the girl's special powers/abilities (what they may or may not be)? Does the younger boy have special powers? Are they related?

Is there romance in the story?

Location - future Earth, country/region/big city/small town, fantasy world, different planet?

message 3: by Allison (last edited Jan 05, 2019 07:17PM) (new)

Allison | 8 comments Sorry for the late response!

And no, unfortunately, I don't remember what exactly her powers were. I don't think the boy had powers, and I'm pretty sure they weren't related. I don't know if there was a romance, and as far as I know it took place on a future earth.

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 310 comments Allison wrote: "Hi there. I’ve been looking for this particular book for years now without success. It was young adult. I’m pretty sure the genre was either science-fiction or dystopia; it also had a thriller them..."

Katie Kacvinsky
Karen Healey

Mel (Epic Reading) (mel-epicreading) | 11 comments Just because of the locket with a tracker reference. Is it Uglies by Scott Westerfeld ?

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison | 8 comments It's possible. Uglies WAS published in 2005 and I'm pretty sure I read this in 2005 or 2006, so the date matches up...

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Here is Wikipedia's plot summary (with spoilers) of Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - Mel's suggestion - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uglies

Here's the Google Books preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=6hr... There are different cover images.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Allison ~~
Let us know if it is or isn't the book you are looking forward. We'll either keep looking, or mark this thread as solved.
Thanks!