What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Kids book about a bear on its birthday going to the beach.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Hamilton | 2 comments Hey!

My girlfriends looking for a book she read as a kid. It was a kids picture book about a family of bears and one story was that a kid bear woke on his birthday, ate breakfast and went to the beach?

She thinks the book might have had a red border on the front cover.
Not much to go on but worth a try

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments Do you know when (approximately) your girlfriend read this book? That will help narrow it down. There is Baby Bear Goes to the Beach which is part of a series that might have been collected with other books in the series. Also, did your girlfriend grow up in the UK?

message 3: by Joe (new)

Joe Hamilton | 2 comments Hey Adele!
She was born in 1990 so any time from then on...! Yes she was brought up in the UK!
That book looks promising but being published in 2000 it may be slightly late.

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments Thanks, Joe. Okay , Elizabeth Laird has books about Cubby bears (sometimes published as Chunky bears or Chubby bears?) . and Things to Do has this description on Amazon:

Roly and Poly and their little brother Oswald spend their day making breakfast, helping around the house, celebrating their birthday, and watching Dad build a bonfire.

I had a lot of trouble finding a picture of the cover for this book but here you can see another book in the series to see what the bears look like, and there is solid color border, though blue in this case: https://www.amazon.ca/Time-Cubby-Bear... . And here is Cubby Bears Work and Play with a green border and some interior pictures on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/263715159952?c...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
Joe, are you still looking for this or did you find it?