Horror Aficionados discussion

Brian Keene injured with severe burns

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5532 comments Mod
On Facebook it's being reported that author Brian Keene suffered major burns today on his arm, head and face in some sort of accident. He is reportedly currently in the hospital receiving treatment. A gofundme page has been set up to help with his costs as he is uninsured.

Without reliable news source confirmation I always take these stories with a grain of salt, but in addition to seeing it posted on a horror book group, the Scares That Care page, a charity that Keene regularly supports, has also posted the info, so I find that to add credibility.

If you want the link to the gofundme campaign you can search for the Scares That Care FB page or on gofundme's site.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 744 comments Here is is Goodreads page in case some aren’t sure who you are referring to:

Brian Keene

I don’t use twitter but don’t a quick google search brings up his twitter and he says he is in the hospital due to burns.

https://mobile.twitter.com/briankeene...

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 876 comments I just saw this one Twitter. How sad :( shared the link on Twitter & Facebook. Prayers and thoughts with him.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Nancy wrote: "Here is is Goodreads page in case some aren’t sure who you are referring to:

Brian Keene

I don’t use twitter but don’t a quick google search brings up his twitter and he says he is..."

Thanks for the link Nancy, he referred to himself as "Kentucky Fried Brian" so he's obviously keeping his wicked sense of humour. I better support him by buying more of his books.

message 5: by Char (last edited Jun 07, 2018 01:41PM) (new)

Char  | 16826 comments Mod
Apparently he was burning some brush and the wind shifted, burning his face and his left arm. :(

Ironically, he just hosted a 24 hour telethon to raise $20,000.00 for SCARES THAT CARE, which is a charity that helps 3 people per year, one of them always a victim of burns. :(

It's nice to see that his GO FUND ME has raised over $30,000.00 in just a short time.

message 6: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5532 comments Mod
A pic of him all wrapped up but in good spirits in the hospital was posted on FB today. Poor guy. Good to see people have rallied to help him with the costs.

message 7: by Kelly B (new)

Kelly B (kellybey) | 605 comments Oh, how awful :-(.