SQHS YLL discussion

Unbreakable: My Story, My Way
This topic is about Unbreakable
Unbreakable- Jenni Rivera

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 12 comments The book Unbreakable is an autobiography about a famous singer named Jenni Rivera. This book talks about her life and what she has been through, before her untimely and tragic death in a plane accident. Jenni Rivera is a strong, fearless, and dedicated woman, and a mother of five. She was known for her music; some say she was “la diva de la banda.” She was also known for telling things as they are and having no filter. Her life has been a roller coaster ride since the day she was born. She crossed the border when she was only a child, she was an outsider in school, got pregnant and was a teen mom, and had a violent spouse. Rivera went through a lot of challenging times and she talks about that in the book.

This book was hard to read at times because some of the situations were very personal. Overall, I really enjoyed the book. I think that this book was difficult for Rivera to write not only because its about her life, but it brought back all the traumatic memories that she once lived through. I can relate to this book because I understand some of the things that she went through. She is a powerful individual she made it out of the life that she used to live. Rivera was very strong in all the situation that came upon her. Rivera was involved in a lot of peoples live because of her music and through her music it earned her millions of fans throughout the world.

message 2: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Kley | 11 comments How was her spouse abusive? And what kinds of situations was she in, did they all relate back to the abusive spouse, or was it just the way she was brought up? Unbreakable sounds like a really interesting and informational book, and it sounds like it is always having something happening.

message 3: by Asia (new)

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Her story sounds quite sad and disappointing, not a very "happily ever after" sort of book. Would you say that they portrayed Rivera's story to eventually be positive, or was most of her life portrayed as negative in this book?

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 12 comments Destiny wrote: "How was her spouse abusive? And what kinds of situations was she in, did they all relate back to the abusive spouse, or was it just the way she was brought up? Unbreakable sounds like a really inte..."

she was married a couple of times but when she got married the first time her spouse would verbally and physically abuse her. all the situations in the book are different but all based on her life.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy B | 10 comments This book has great plot. Every one feel like rosters coast.

message 6: by Caley (new)

Caley Whitner | 11 comments this book sounds really good! who did her kids go to after she passed? and how much of her life did she talk about in this book?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 12 comments Asia wrote: "Her story sounds quite sad and disappointing, not a very "happily ever after" sort of book. Would you say that they portrayed Rivera's story to eventually be positive, or was most of her life portr..."

Rivera wrote this book to inform others about her life and all the crazy messed up things she went through. But I don't really know if it was supposed to be happy or sad.

message 8: by Braedon (new)

Braedon Benson | 7 comments This book sounds like a very faithful biography which is what i personally look for in this type of book. Im just wondering if it ever attempts to censor issues in her life.