What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Finding Jennifer Jones (Jennifer Jones, #2)
This topic is about Finding Jennifer Jones
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult to Adult book I read somewhere between 2010 and 2013 about a woman who has a new identity after being accused of killing her friend when they were children. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Thurlow | 5 comments The book was about a woman named Kate who had a new identity after being released from juvenille prison i think because she was accused of murdering her friend when she was a little girl. Her real name was Alice i think (I might have them mixed up) and she met this guy and the book slowly reveals more details about her past like her childhood, her mum was a prostitute and there was this lake where i think the girl drowned which is where she was accused of murder? I dont remember much but i would like to find it again so if anyone has read it and knows the title or author please let me know! Thanks!

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Jun 06, 2018 02:33AM) (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments Not all the details match but possibly The Wicked Girls? The main character is Kirsty, not Kate but there are a few plot similarities.

message 3: by Mina (new)

Mina Thurlow | 5 comments It's definitely similar but I don't think that's quite it :( thank you though!

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments Could it be Beautiful Malice? The main character is Kathryn and her friend is Alice. See below.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 5: by Mina (new)

Mina Thurlow | 5 comments I don't think that's it either I can't remember a school or anything, I think the main character worked in a coffee shop? Thanks though!

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments The details don't all fit but what about "That Night" by Chevy Stevens? The girl does work as a waitress but her name is Toni, not Kate. And it does happen at a lake.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 7: by Mina (new)

Mina Thurlow | 5 comments The boyfriend bit isnt familiar, I think the main character was about 10ish when the murder takes place so she's too young to have like a boyfriend or anything, she gets close to a boy in her adult life if I remember right she's worried about getting close because of all the secrets from the past and because her conviction was heavy in the press.

message 9: by Mina (new)

Mina Thurlow | 5 comments I think that's it! I've just looked and it's the prequel to this "Looking for JJ" thank you so much!!!