What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Daughters of Silence (Fear Street Sagas, #6)
This topic is about Daughters of Silence
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror: 2 girls find an old necklace, a gold heart(?), girl who's not narrating starts secretly wearing it, she starts acting increasingly out of character because the necklace is possessed by spirit of some other girl. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Manda (new) - added it

Manda | 6 comments Read 1991-97, written in the 80's, 90's or perhaps the 70's. There were 2 girls in the story, I can't remember if they're related or friends and it's written from the perspective of one of them.

This isn't "Wait Till Helen Comes", I just read it last night and it's missing the clearest memory I have of the plot which I've described below with a spoilers warning because (of course) it's the climax of the story.

**SPOILERS**

At the end, the girl narrating and the other girl have a confrontation and during that conversation the narrator sees that she's wearing the necklace but now the pendant has sunk beneath the other girl's skin and is pulsing like it has it's own heartbeat. She says something like she knew if the pendant sunk deep enough that it would take the place of the other girl's heart and the possession would be permanent. So the narrator digs her fingers into the other girl's chest and rips the pendant out.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 151 comments This sounds so familiar! I know I read a book with that scene but I really can't remember a title.

Maybe something from one of these lists?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 3: by Manda (new) - added it

Manda | 6 comments Megan Elizabeth, it is a relief to hear you say it sounds familiar! I was beginning to despair of ever finding anyone else who recognized this storyline. Thank you for the link; I've looked through the list and haven't found any that immediately caught my attention as a match but I'll take another look through them and maybe the 70's and 90's lists too just in case.

message 4: by Manda (new) - added it

Manda | 6 comments This is also not R.L. Stine's Fear Street Seniors #6 The Gift; just finished it.

message 5: by Manda (last edited Jul 11, 2018 12:19AM) (new) - added it

Manda | 6 comments SOLVED!!!
Daughters of Silence (Fear Street Sagas, #6) by R.L. Stine