Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Wrong Isbn: on a JD Robb book 3 in Death Series

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments JD Robb Immortal in Death (in Death series 3) Isbn: 9780425153789 ; Hardcover, Berkley Special Markets Hardcover. Published Nov 2015 can you fixed it?

It was put up under an Isbn 13 and its not. Also its definitely hardcover. The correct cover is the Blue Writing one like the newer paper back covers.

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I am confused on what you are asking. The Edition with the ISBN you provided is a completely valid edition with correct information.

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Was thinking that, but they were talking about Hardcover and that the ISBN13 was wrong, where the edition they mentioned was a mass market paperback not a hardcover.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments I wish I could post a picture so you all could see it. this is a Berkley special market Hardcover edition. I purchased from Turn the page.come

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments Ok check out my profile picture there is all the info about this book and you will see I am correct. Its not an Isbn 13: number and it is a hardcover edition.

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments So confusion on this is a little less. There is an ISBN13 (9781101948187) in your edition and it does not match the ISBN you stated at the top in your request.

This means that a new edition of the book will need to be created. To do that it would be beneficial if you provided an image of your cover. To do that you can scan the cover or take a picture and upload it to the alternate pictures portion of your profile, and provide us the link.

I did create the new edition, but no cover, since I cannot find it anywhere, so if you provide it we can attach it to the record.

Immortal in Death

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments Philip, thank you. I just put it as my new profile picture

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments Thank you I see that now. I am sorry it I copied and pasted the wrong number to the message.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Kathy wrote: "Philip, thank you. I just put it as my new profile picture"

If you could just post it as a picture on your profile, so that it would be cover shaped, it could get added to the book. (The round profile pics just don't get it.)

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1770 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "If you could just post it as a picture on your profile, so that it would be cover shaped, it could get added to the book. (The round profile pics just don't get it.) ..."

You can click on the profile photo and it will open a page with the actual image which is rectangular.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Melanie wrote: "You can click on the profile photo and it will open a page with the actual image which is rectangular. "

Oh, of course! Sorry, I wasn't thinking.

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments Thank your Melanie, Elizabeth, and Philip for all your help. I'm in the middle of moving to another house and merging both house holds and book collections.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Kathy, what is the page count in your edition?

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments Elizabeth it is 343 p.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Got it!

message 17: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 8 comments thank you :)