Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
This topic is about Cry Wolf
Archive - Past Group Reads > Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Anna never knew werewolves existed, until the night she survived a violent attack... and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she'd learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. Then Charles Cornick, the enforcer—and son—of the leader of the North American werewolves, came into her life.

Charles insists that not only is Anna his mate, but she is also a rare and valued Omega wolf. And it is Anna's inner strength and calming presence that will prove invaluable as she and Charles go on the hunt in search of a rogue werewolf—a creature bound in magic so dark that it could threaten all of the pack.

Start Date: June 1st, 2018

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jun 05, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Supposedly we're supposed to read Alpha & Omega before reading Cry Wolf. It's the Prequel.

message 3: by Tru (new)

Tru Steamer Moss Diavolo (trusteamermossdiavolo) | 5 comments At the supposedly part, are we to read it or just the “Cry Wolf”? I’m open to reading the prequel if we are to discuss that as well.

message 4: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'd read the prequel if you wanted to! I'm still on hold at the library for Cry Wolf anyway, and there's a copy of Alpha and Omega available now.

message 5: by Tru (new)

Tru Steamer Moss Diavolo (trusteamermossdiavolo) | 5 comments Great!

message 6: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Cool, starting today. I grabbed the audio version. It's only 2 and a half hours long. Not bad at all.

message 7: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I'm next for alpha and omega at the library. I read the mercy series and it was excellent so I'm excited for this one.

Stacey Reynolds (smarlar) | 69 comments Brandy..I just finished this series or at least what is currently out. You'll definitely enjoy it. It somewhat coincides with parts of the Mercy series which I really liked.

message 9: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Sweet. I knew they were like sister series (I can't think of a better word). And they have made appearances in Mercy. I have put off reading this one for a bit because I have high expectations after loving Mercy so much. I just don't want to be let down. So I am happy to hear that you liked both.

Stacey Reynolds (smarlar) | 69 comments I liked Mercy better for sure..but I was pleasantly surprised with Alpha and Omega as I always have the same apprehension to sister series (I like the term :D)

message 11: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Alpha and Omega just came in! So I will go to that after I finish my current Sookie book

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I am not a fan of the narrator (Holter Graham) for Alpha and Omega. He's not terrible, but I'm just not a fan so I'll definitely get the ebooks for the series.

message 13: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Interesting. I haven't started yet. But I will today

message 14: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments The narrator didn't bug me like he did you. But I did finish Alpha and Omega last night. It was interesting to see the cross over into the Mercy series already.

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'm bad, I didn't read the Mercy series so this is all new to me. I think it was when the narrator did the Marok's voice. Too deep for me or something.

message 16: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments so reading alpha and omega 1st, totally worth it. cry wolf picks up where that one ended. not very far into it but good start

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
that's good to know! I'm still waiting on the library for cry wolf now

Trina Collins (duskvamp) I read both Alpha and Omega and Cry Wolf I just finished gotta say I'm in love I can't wait to read the Next book.

message 19: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments It is getting good! I am about half way through Cry Wolf.

message 20: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments This book was really good.
Ok Sara, so the narrator still doesn't bother me but I think that it might be the slower really deliberate way he speaks as Bran. And it is really deep. But it didn't bug me so I am sticking to the audio. Plus I can listen on my little commute to work. I am the next one on the library list so hopefully not a long wait for book 2. But I have Sookie to keep me entertained while I wait.

message 21: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Dangit. I'm still on hold. I'm glad you guys like the book though! I'm definitely excited for Cry Wolf now. Brandy, I went for the ebook this time, see if it helps me.

message 22: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments did you check your mum's library? Yours is making me angry.

message 23: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
no, that's a good idea. mine really is the worst. I need to go back to my old library and renew my card there. they had everything you could ever imagine.

message 24: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments YEAH! Do that. Is it out of your area so you have to pay? I was going to one like that. I worked near it but lived out of the county so it was like $80 a year. but now I live and work in a whole other county so I just go out here. But luckily it is a big enough one that most of the time they have what I want.

What are you feelings on werewolves? I know you don't care for vampires.

message 25: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I used to live there, but I moved two hours away a couple years ago. I still go back often to visit friends, and I could probably use my grandma's address since she still lives nearby.

I don't mind werewolves too much. I like that Meghan Ciana Doidge series and there's werewolves in that too.

message 26: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I am really liking this series. However I think that it is an incomplete one and will soon have to wait on additional books.
I am on Fair Game.

message 27: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I am all caught up in this series. I really liked it. need another book!