Bookalicious Book Club discussion

Writing > Favorite Type of Blog Posts to Write

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 1170 comments Mod
What is your favorite type of blog post to write on your blog? (If you have one.)
Like Monthly TBRs, Wrap-Ups, tags, etc.

Mine are TBRs, and book reviews.

message 2: by desara (new)

desara (desarathebooknerd) | 920 comments Mod
I dont really know. I think my favorites are Book Hauls

message 3: by LaNona (new)

Oh! Those are fun! But they're hard for me to do, unless I keep all the books I've bought that month total in a stack for the Book Haul.

message 4: by LaNona (new)

I just did my first Book Tag! It was for my Hogwarts House :)

my Hufflepuff Book Tag:

https://bookswithnoel.blogspot.com/20...

message 5: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Way to go, Idaho!

message 6: by LaNona (new)

Thanks!! :)

message 7: by desara (new)

I might do the tag and some more Harry Potter posts soon! I should do a week of Harry Potter type of thing? Thoughts???

message 8: by LaNona (new)

Desara wrote: "I might do the tag and some more Harry Potter posts soon! I should do a week of Harry Potter type of thing? Thoughts???"

Ooh, sounds fun! I made the tag based on the traits and colors of Hufflepuff, so it's real easy to do for the other houses too.
And you should definitely do it if you want! :D

message 9: by desara (new)

Thank youcfor your opinion

message 10: by LaNona (new)

I'm thinking of doing a Hufflepuff ReadAThon in July, it'd just be a few reading challenges like last time though. Do you think it'd be a good idea?

message 11: by desara (new)

YES! It would be so much fun! BookTubeAthon (another readathon) will also take place so ill be able toc finish tons of books!

message 12: by LaNona (new)

Desara wrote: "YES! It would be so much fun! BookTubeAthon (another readathon) will also take place so ill be able toc finish tons of books!"

YAY!! Thanks! I'm thinking July 21st - July 28th? I'm not for sure yet...

message 13: by desara (new)

ok

message 14: by LaNona (new)

I just did my first Wrap-Up for my blog! It was a lot of fun, and I think I'll start doing more of them.

message 15: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I just did my first Wrap-Up for my blog! It was a lot of fun, and I think I'll start doing more of them.

https://bookswithnoel.blogspot.com/20..."

Great job, Noel! Read it and was thoroughly impressed--5 stars!

message 16: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "I just did my first Wrap-Up for my blog! It was a lot of fun, and I think I'll start doing more of them.

https://bookswithnoel.blogspot.com/20......"

Thank you Addison!! I'm glad you liked it!! :D

message 17: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (jomarie2005) I don’t actually have a blog, but as someone who follows a LOT of blogs, I would say that my favorite posts to read are TBRs and short book reviews.

message 18: by LaNona (new)

Josie Marie wrote: "I don’t actually have a blog, but as someone who follows a LOT of blogs, I would say that my favorite posts to read are TBRs and short book reviews."

The blog posts that I read the most are usually TBRs.

message 19: by LaNona (new)

Hey so I just did a blog post about writing memes, if you love to write- you should definitely check it out!!

message 20: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments My new website that launches October 15th is going to be a hybrid author's web/blog, something not really done before. It's all set up and I'm anxious to get rockin'. Don't worry, book review bloggers, it won't compete with yours. It's more of a general lifestyle/books & writing focus. Anyhow, could use any advice from all you vet bloggers. Any words of wisdom?

message 21: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "My new website that launches October 15th is going to be a hybrid author's web/blog, something not really done before. It's all set up and I'm anxious to get rockin'. Don't worry, book review blogg..."

My advice for any kind of blogging (and I have only been blogging for a couple months), would be to blog about/write about what you want to. We all have different opinions on stuff, so make sure to list reasons of why you thought this or that. And make sure that you enjoy what you blog about- it shows in your writing if you actually care! :)

message 22: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "Addison wrote: "My new website that launches October 15th is going to be a hybrid author's web/blog, something not really done before. It's all set up and I'm anxious to get rockin'. Don't worry, b..."

Awesome advice! That's been my motto since Indie publishing - if it's not fun, why do it? If it doesn't bring you joy and bliss, why do it? Life is short. Enjoy every step of the journey.

message 23: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "BOOKSandCaffeine wrote: "Addison wrote: "My new website that launches October 15th is going to be a hybrid author's web/blog, something not really done before. It's all set up and I'm anxious to ge..."

Exactly!! :D

message 24: by desara (new)

My tip is to write on a schedule so readers get to feel anticipation for your next post because they when it is coming out. I just failed my schedule because something came up but I still try to post them on a regular basis!

message 25: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Desara wrote: "My tip is to write on a schedule so readers get to feel anticipation for your next post because they when it is coming out. I just failed my schedule because something came up but I still try to po..."

Thanks, I really want to be on time, a stickler for deadlines. It helps that I can write and set post for future release dates in Wordpress. That's going to be a lifesaver.

message 26: by desara (new)

haha

message 27: by desara (new)

I love your website Addison!

message 28: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Desara wrote: "I love your website Addison!"
Thanks so much! It's been a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun too.