What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1)
This topic is about Witch & Wizard
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult fantasy, girl finds out she is a witch. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eve (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eve | 5 comments So I remember next to nothing about this book, but here is what I do know:
There were multiple books in the series, at least 3. A young girl (who I think has a brother) leaves her family/gets separated somehow and ultimately finds out she has powers/is a witch. She meets a group of people in what I think was a revolution. At some point she cuts off all her hair. I'm pretty sure she could turn herself into fire. I think there was a scene where she breaks a bunch of people out of a prison, maybe using her fire powers. There was also a scene where she was in disguise in public and a bunch of witches were being executed and the crowd was cheering. Thanks so much!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments What year did you read it?

How old was the girl?

message 3: by Eve (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eve | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "What year did you read it?

How old was the girl?"

Hmm I don't remember her exact age but in her teens, maybe 15 or 16? I read the first one in around 2013, and later ones came out around that year or a few years later.

message 4: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 193 comments I think I know this book! Was the cover grey, stormy sky, with the girl in a white dress, sort of small and high up and swirling?

I think that she was traveling with her father, who dies early in the first book. There's a new king, and he's trying to destroy everyone with powers, and he's hunting them. She falls in with the rebels, one of whom is actually employed by the king, but secretly a rebel. Over the course of the three books she visits four elemental fey lords to learn how to use her powers. Does this sound like your book? If so, maybe it will help someone remember the title/author. It was a woman. Sort of similar to Juliet Marillier, but not her.

Megan Pluym | 102 comments This sounds a little bit like the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. The sister controls fire and she break people out of jail in one of the books.

message 6: by Eve (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eve | 5 comments Megan wrote: "This sounds a little bit like the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. The sister controls fire and she break people out of jail in one of the books."

Yes that's it! Thanks so much!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Eve. Here's the link - Witch & Wizard series by James Patterson.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

James Patterson (other topics)