Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Betareading Services for Hire > Brutal But Constructive Criticism Offered! Affordable Beta Read Service [AUGUST SLOTS ARE NOW OPEN]

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fanna (last edited Jul 20, 2018 04:05AM) (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 2 comments I’m an avid reader who has been reading for quite some time now. Considering myself an eclectic reader, I have come across varied genres and the numerous tropes/cliches accompanying them. This gives me an insight to what has been done a ton of times and what you can do a ton of times. Plus, character development, overall plot, pacing, and genre relativity among others are areas I strongly critique on. You can get a hint of those in my reviews. In fact, I’m a writer myself and have a gist of what a story needs more or less of.

What you can expect from me, as a beta reader:

>>When you hand over your manuscript to me, you can be assured it won’t be disclosed (not even the title or author name) unless you give me the permission to do so. I’m also up for signing an NDA if that’s more like you.
>> I do sound conversational and a bit humorous in my writing but I can assure you, I work as professionally as a person being paid is supposed to. >> I’m also easy to communicate so you can expect exactly what you want for your project. Work flexibility is my trait so things can always be worked out.
>> I will read your MS from a reader’s viewpoint and give a detailed, in-depth feedback on what was excellent, what was lagging, and what is strongly suggested to be done.
>> Pacing, plot holes, character development, world-building and overall plot will be analysed.
>> Specific solutions and creative input will be provided without changing the author’s vision or voice.
>> The feedback can either be as a chapter-by-chapter or a general, comprehensive take on the manuscript. I’m also open to answering specific questions.
>> While I won’t be diligently proofreading your work for grammar, spelling, and punctuation (that’s a job for the editor) I would certainly point out consistent errors or errors that might’ve missed the eye of an editor. For example, using an Oxford comma for the first half of the story and not the other half.
>> I will not provide a line-by-line critique. That’s something I offer in my critique services if that’s what you’re looking for.
>> I will not ghostwrite bits and pieces of your story. I do provide creative suggestions but they are not something you’re forced to accept.
>> All my feedback will be delivered in a constructive manner and would, in no way, be intended to belittle you or your writing.

What I'll read:

Like I said, I’m an eclectic reader and would read almost anything. Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, Realistic Fiction, Literary Fiction, Historical Fiction, Non Fiction, Graphic Novels, Comics, and others. Specifically, I won’t read: Hard Erotica, Religion/Spiritual, Poetry and Children’s Fiction.

My beta reading charge:

On a base line, I charge $1 for every 1000 words with a minimum of $5 to start with. For example, if your MS is of 2000 words, it actually costs $2 but it would be costing $5 since the word count is lesser than the minimum.

Once the MS crosses 100K, the price would be reduced. I would then charge $1 for every 2000 words. So if your MS is of 150K words, your total cost would be: $100 + $25 = $125. I also offer discounts for repeat buyers and those who order an additional revision.

All payments are non-refundable and will be made through Paypal. Payment will be done before commencing the beta read because this virtual world can be pretty bad when it comes to freelancing.

To order a beta reading service, visit my site or fill out this form.

Looking forward to working with you!

message 2: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 2 comments Mid-July and August's slots are now open!