Astronomy and Space exploration discussion

DISCUSSIONS AND LATEST NEWS > Why Do You Love ASTRONOMY ?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alok, Group founder (new)

Alok | 97 comments Mod
Hello Readers ...This is a folder where you can share why do you love Astronomy...Or any single incident that got you into Astronomy .........Please take some time to share your amazing experience here ..........

Master Melvin M.  Lusterio (aionheaven) | 7 comments I love Astronomy because it arouse My curiosity and makes Me more wise & happy! Alleluia! Amen! <3 O:) * (Y)

message 3: by Veronika (new)

Veronika | 31 comments I fell in love with astronomy on the Island of Hawaii. I was driving to work (at 3 am )! I had a Chrysler convertible and the sight of Southern Cross was breathtaking. From there on, I picked up some extra astronomy classes, and was in love ever since.
I guess I love it so, because it makes my imagination go wild and it constantly wakes my curiosity.

message 4: by Starman, Moderator (new)

Starman | 64 comments Mod
It All started when I was 14 years old. I don't know I how many of you have seen the Movie Contact I have a similar story.I was wondering about the brightest thing in the sky. And went on a little research on it And realized it was Venus, And that got me, We can never expect anything to be right unless we actually know it is, This simple truth got me into Astronomy And it keeps my mind occupied at all times.And i get this strange feeling when i stare at the sky that says we are connected somehow , And if we date back to the evolution , It turns out true

message 5: by Veronika (new)

Veronika | 31 comments Starman wrote: "It All started when I was 14 years old. I don't know I how many of you have seen the Movie Contact I have a similar story.I was wondering about the brightest thing in the sky. And went on a little ..."

I love that movie!!! And I unterstand what you mean. Nicely put.

message 6: by Starman, Moderator (new)

Yes, Great Movie. Must watch for every Astronomy Enthusiasts, And thanks Veronika, You story too , Good one

message 7: by Alok, Group founder (new)

Alok | 97 comments Mod
We are getting nice stories in here ........Glad that i created this post

message 8: by Jon (new)

Jon Stone | 8 comments For me it started when I was probably 10 or so. My grandfather was an amateur astronomer who built his own refractor back in the late 60’s-early 70’s and got into astrophotography. He decided that for one Christmas around 1990 that I needed my very own refractor. The realization hit me that these stars i was seeing were other suns far away from me, maybe with other planets like earth and Jupiter, and maybe a kid just like me looking up saying “I wonder what’s out there?”. I toyed with it for years, but lost the time and drive to continue stargazing for years. The bug didn’t bite me again until I had my own children. We had set up a refractor I bought for my oldest daughter one Christmas in the backyard and we were looking at the moon, Saturn, Venus, and the Orion Nebula, and it struck me all over again. And yeah, she got hooked too.

message 9: by Alok, Group founder (last edited Jun 24, 2018 01:14AM) (new)

Alok | 97 comments Mod
Christmas is a start of many great things .......And speaking of Astronomy, it only takes a person who wonders about things, And when the curious mind...meets the vast sky, Love for Astronomy emerges from deep inside you ......Great story Mr.Jon

message 10: by Monir (new)

Monir  | 1 comments When I was five years old, I used to steal my older sisters science book and first the thing I’d turn to we’re the pages with either astronomy or animals in it. Ever since then I started loving astronomy and started watching videos that I didn’t even understand but I loved the animation that was played and it sort of gave me some idea about the Big Bang.

message 11: by Starman, Moderator (new)

Nice . Big bang amuses everyone

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris Porter | 10 comments I couldn't really point to a specific incident; you just get far enough out into "the country" to get away from all the lights of the cities, and...WOW!

message 13: by Nova (new)

Nova Syzygy (novatheproxy) Honestly, I'm not sure exactly why I love astronomy. I just slowly and gradually evolved until I'm at the point I am now, filled with random knowledge and always obsessively researching new things, and thinking about how future projects could be made. I think I might've just always loved space and everything to do with it.