What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Great Rip-Off (Computer Detectives, #1)
This topic is about The Great Rip-Off
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Mystery/Romance from the 1980's Two teens fall in love while they solve mysteries. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Cox | 4 comments I’m looking for a YA short book series. There were only three books in this series, but all them mostly had the same characters. I don’t remember the title or author, but there was a tagline on the first book that went a little like “What’s a smart girl like _______ doing with a jerk like Josh” I think Josh was pretty tech savvy and he and what’s her name would solve mysteries together. They ended up getting involved romantically (eventually). This is driving me crazy, please help.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments The Great Rip-Off looks likely?

message 3: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Cox | 4 comments OMG. Thank you so much. YES!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments I've just gotta say I love that cover. "Josh" looks like he's about 40.

message 5: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Cox | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "I've just gotta say I love that cover. "Josh" looks like he's about 40."

You don't say...smirk.

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "I've just gotta say I love that cover. "Josh" looks like he's about 40."

Wait . . . that's not a teacher?

message 7: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Cox | 4 comments Just wanted to add that I found a copy of this book and, well it's very much of its time. If you are interested in an absurd plot about a sixteen year old genius computer programmer and DOS operating systems of the 1980's then this is for you. If you're on a nostalgic kick as I was it's fantastically fun and really silly. Great for a few giggles.