Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

One Week (One Week #1)
This topic is about One Week
2018 ~ Buddy Reads > One Week by Roya Carmen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Who's up for a buddy read??? I want this one...soooo bad! If those magical ARC fairies are watching... It'd be pretty awesome to land this one!🤣😂

message 2: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me, me, me!!!

JudyCa | 1708 comments 👍count me in! 🤗

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Me too please

Leslie | 2430 comments If this is anything like Ground Rules its going to be AWESOME!!!

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Yep, I’m in. Sounds really good.

message 7: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Are we doing this on release day--June 21? Can you do it then, Judy? (I'm asking since you mentioned July at first).

JudyCa | 1708 comments I'm not sure... I nominated it for tpam July BR hoping it gets picked and set for early July...does that work for you guys? I'm not sure what my schedule looks like... I am hoping the list for July will be set before this one releases...is that ok?

Leslie | 2430 comments I will read it in june or july...doesnt matter to me.

Ashley | 14 comments I loved The Ground Rules, so I’m super excited about this!

message 11: by Ela (new) - added it

Ela | 4283 comments I'll join!

Michele | 2131 comments I'm in for this one!

JudyCa | 1708 comments Ela wrote: "I'll join!"

yay! ;)

Steph | 109 comments I'm in if I can wait that long!

JudyCa | 1708 comments Hi ladies! This one is coming out Thursday - are you all wanting to br read it this week? Or wait until the tpam br list for July comes out which probably won't be until next week... I'm good either way :)

message 16: by Grey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I would love to read this one ASAP... LOL. I have no self control and know I'm gonna wanna read it as soon as it hits my kindle. I will obviously abstain if we're doing a buddy read, but... I would reallllllly like to read it on release day, if we can. ****peer pressure**** (giggle) Just kidding, obviously!

Whatever works for everyone is fine with me. I am super excited that we're doing a big buddy read with several of us! *tosses glitter and confetti*

message 17: by JudyCa (last edited Jun 19, 2018 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

JudyCa | 1708 comments me too Grey!!

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in for when it hits my kindle

Leslie | 2430 comments I am flex and want to join confetti party. 🎉🎉🎉

Ashley | 14 comments I want to read this one right away too! 🎉

JudyCa | 1708 comments Ok girls are we starting tomorrow??? 😬

Michele | 2131 comments I can start tomorrow...

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Yes ma'am. Gonna stalk my Kindle till it lands!!!

JudyCa | 1708 comments Sounds good! Mine won't download until the morning but I'll be diving in asap 😎

message 25: by Nay (last edited Jun 20, 2018 04:51PM) (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I've missed 2 weeks of reading and talking books because of editing, taking son #1 to his new apartment 3 hours away, buying new furniture and finally getting much needed work done on my house. I haven't even started a single one of my challenge books this month.

Therefore, I too am reading this bad boy as soon as it hits!

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, how are you feeling about having your son 3 hours away?

JudyCa | 1708 comments Renee wrote: "I've missed 2 weeks of reading and talking books because of editing, taking son #1 to his new apartment 3 hours away, buying new furniture and finally getting much needed work done on my house. I h..."

That's awesome but sad too! I haven't had to move anyone out yet but soon... Kendall is just finishing gr. 11...glad you're able to get this one in with us! 😁

message 28: by Grey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I think Jean might be in on this one too... she mentioned she just got this one off netgalley!

message 29: by Nay (last edited Jun 20, 2018 05:51PM) (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie--He's going back to college, so I'm thrilled!

When my old heart gave out 2 years ago and I got the LVAD (the machine and batteries that pumped my heart), he ended up temporarily dropping out of school.

I couldn't drive for 6 months and hubs had already missed a ton of work when I was in the hospital for that month, so since his younger brothers were still in high school, he was there with me when I was learning to walk again and to cart me around to my dozens of dr. appointments.

In the meantime, he got a decent job and decided to save money for when he was ready to go back (he was miserable during his freshman year), and now he's really excited about starting back again. He'll be a 21 year old sophomore, but that's no biggie.

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, give your son a big fat hug for me! What a mature young man he was to step up and help you like that. You must be very proud of him. He will be a great husband someday!

JudyCa | 1708 comments Renee wrote: "Leslie--He's going back to college, so I'm thrilled!

When my old heart gave out 2 years ago and I got the LVAD (the machine and batteries that pumped my heart), he ended up temporarily dropping o..."

Wow! What a good son you raised! That's awesome 😍

JudyCa | 1708 comments And he'll be the most popular because he's old enough to buy the booze, lol

message 33: by Nay (last edited Jun 21, 2018 04:33AM) (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I will, Leslie! Yes, I really lucked out. Believe me, he's NOT perfect. (he's put us through the wringer more than once over the years), but I've also gotten phone calls from a various parents praising him,

Yeah, Judy, he's also a bartender (that's how he made really good money), so that makes him the most popular guy in the room! lol

After my transplant surgery, he contacted my nurse and got copies of portions of my old crappy EKG and my new EKG and formed a design with my old one on the left and my new one on the right with a heart connecting them. Then he had it tatted on the inside of his bicep. I'm so touched that I want to cry every time I see it!

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, I seriously love your son. I got teary reading about his tattoo. Do your other kids think he is the "favorite" or a "butt-kisser"? Hee hee 😁

I am an only child and have just my son, so I am trying to understand the dynamic.

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, I have this bad-boy downloaded and ready to go. Who's coming with me? *said in my best Jerry Maquire voice*

Leslie | 2430 comments @ Prologue - *gulps* 😳

I don't have much time to read this a.m. but wanted a sneak peek at this. It feels very Ground Rules-ish which was so freaking awesome....I hope this will be just as good. 🤞

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I started - got through the Prologue and started Chapter 1. I am going to pretend to work for a bit, and then head back in!

And Nay - you don't think your son might be interested in a 50-something chubby sugar mamma do you? He sounds like he might be a catch, LOL!!!

message 38: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Actually, the 2 younger ones really look up to him. Figuratively and literally, since he's 6'3" while they're both 5'8". But he's always been the more mature one, most likely because he's the firstborn overachiever and because I 'coddled' (my husband's favorite word for it) the younger ones since they were so young when I first got sick years ago.

OMG, Lisa--Last Thursday, they had a going away party for him at the sports bar where he's been bartending for the past 2 years, and I've never seen so many cougars in one room! These women got a few drinks in them, and they were more than clear about how they felt about him. He was so embarrassed! lol And I think his gf was getting a bit pissed about it.

message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Damn - he's got a girlfriend I'm gonna have to fight!!

message 40: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments 16% in and I'm really enjoying this. Our little Gabbie is heading for some trouble!!! And I'm already completely enamored with Eli right now!

message 41: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm at 5% and had to comment about when it says, "I Google 'are people in Denmark blonde?'"--that sounds SO much like what I'd do. I'm always googling abstract questions like that. Her entire way of thinking about how he might look sounds like me.

I'm really having trouble concentrating with what's going on with Emma's daughter and waiting to hear something, though.

message 42: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Sorry, Lisa. lol They've been together for 2 years and moved in together in Chattanooga.

I don't know if you'd like his long beard, anyway. I'm always trying to get him to trim it.

message 43: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments It looks like more of an Amish style (WITH a mustache) than biker style.

message 44: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Renee wrote: "I'm at 5% and had to comment about when it says, "I Google 'are people in Denmark blonde?'"--that sounds SO much like what I'd do. I'm always googling abstract questions like that. Her entire way o..."

Me too, Nay....I find myself in tears every time I think about that precious little girl and the family. I've always been emotional - yeah, I cry when they play the National Anthem - but this feels so personal and painful.

message 45: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments That's it, Lisa! It all sounds way too personal and familiar to me, and on top of that, for it to be happening to a child. And to Emma and her family.

JudyCa | 1708 comments @ 19%... liking it so far...it does feel very GR-ish... I'm going to guess(view spoiler)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Not sure how much I'm going to get read today...I can no longer open my Kindle cloud reader page at work! Lol... going to get ready for work now but I'll check in with you later 😁

message 48: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm laughing out loud every time she imagines how he looks--for 'starving artist', "...now I'm picturing a gaunt, starving man..."

message 49: by Nay (new) - added it

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Hope you find some time, Judy!

Michele | 2131 comments Wowza I had a lot to catch up on here -- so much info!! Seriously though, what an awesome young man your son is to have come home to help with his momma! (I may have secretly been planning to match him up with my 21 year old nursing student daughter but then came the gf whammy...dang it).

And...I haven't started the book yet but will fully dive in later today!! Eveyone have a great day!

« previous 1

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Six (other topics)
Insatiable (other topics)