What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's chapter book with a cat lady whose cats have the same initials as a little girl's neighbors

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments Hello! I'm really hoping someone on here can help me as I have been looking for the name of this book for YEARS. I read it in 3rd grade and the only thing I can seem to remember about it is that a little girl thinks her cat lady neighbor is a witch. She thinks this because all of the woman's cats share the same initials as her neighbors. For instance I remember a specific cat's name was CC. Please help me find this book! Thanks in advance!

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments When did you read it (I don't know when you were in third grade)?

Maybe Witch's Sister?

message 3: by Katie (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:31PM) (new)

Katie | 2 comments LoL Sorry! It was about 20 or so years ago in the mid 90's. But it was definitely an old book. My 3rd grade teacher had it in her class and it was definitely well loved (though I know this doesn't mean much for books for that grade level). I just checked out Witch's Sister and it doesn't seem to be the one. Going by the description, it seems a tad darker than the one I'm thinking of. As I remember it, this particular book, though suspenseful, seemed a bit more light-hearted? The closest I have come to finding a title is There's No Such Thing As A Witch by Ruth Chew, but I can't find anything about the book that talks about animals having the same initials as neighbors.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments The Cat Sitter Mystery? I searched inside the archive.org book and cats names are initials:
O.C., F.C., C.C., L.C. Such strange names for cats. Like people's initials. Suppose they were people's initials. Suppose Tiffany was right.
B.C., Beth thought. Beth Carew.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21141 comments I concur with The Cat Sitter Mystery.

Definitely not No Such Thing as a Witch. Nothing about initials there.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21141 comments Still out there, Katie?