Bookalicious Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > Marissa Meyer Discussion Area

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by desara (new)

desara (desarathebooknerd) | 920 comments Mod
What are the Marissa Meyer books you HAVE read? Which are your favorites?

I loved Heartless by her so, so, so much.
-Review on my Blog https://www.dbooksandreviews.com - I have read basically all of them except for the graphic novels and I am currently reading Renegades (which I got signed...)

message 2: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 1170 comments Mod
I LOVED The Lunar Chronicles. I've read all of them- except the graphic novels.

I have not read Heartless yet, but I really really want to.
Same with Renegades :(

message 3: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Recently read Cinder, and of course loved it. Was a bit disappointed with the ending (slightly). I know she meant to lead into the next book, but there were just a couple of things not revealed that were obvious reveals. I wish she would have written it a bit differently (won't spoil it for anyone else who has not yet read it, but I'm dying to tell you how I wish she would have ended it!).

message 4: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "Recently read Cinder, and of course loved it. Was a bit disappointed with the ending (slightly). I know she meant to lead into the next book, but there were just a couple of things not revealed tha..."

I didn't focus a whole lot on the reveals- I was like ''just let my precious cinnamon rolls live!!'' So there were certain things that were huge surprises, but I did still guess some things.

message 5: by Addison (last edited Jun 23, 2018 08:13AM) (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments Oh, that's weird, because one problem I had (at least with Cinder) was the obviousness of the "surprises", yet no one seemed to figure out anything (although it was obvious to the reader--way obvious). **SPOILER--It would have been nice for the prince to guess who and what she really was, yet love her anyhow. That's the true story behind Cinderella.**END SPOILER

message 6: by LaNona (new)

Addison wrote: "Oh, that's weird, because one problem I had (at least with Cinder) was the obviousness of the "surprises", yet no one seemed to figure out anything (although it was obvious to the reader--way obvio..."

True, though throughout the series we see him trying to ignore his obvious feelings for Cinder. And in his world Cyborgs are like...a big no-no so his love has to overcome everything he's known and been taught about cyborgs. Which he only begins to question once he realizes that Cinder is one.

message 7: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 77 comments I figured the author was going for that, but I still think that's always a no-fair trick to try and make you buy the next book. It was good writing and a good story--we would have bought it anyhow. Think it would have actually enticed me to grab the next one, eager for the happily-ever-after.

message 8: by LaNona (new)

Yeah, I got the first book from the library to see if I would like it- ended up hooked and buying the whole series lol

message 9: by LaNona (new)

Has anyone read Archenemies yet? I still need to!

message 10: by desara (new)

I have a copy but I havent read it yet :(

message 11: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments I have and I loved it!
I can’t wait for the sequel!!😁

message 12: by LaNona (new)

I saw a that another one was coming out, but I wasn't sure!
My library has a copy, but I want to wait til I get back in June to order a copy and read it.

message 13: by LaNona (new)

Would anyone be interested in Buddy Reading it with me??

message 14: by desara (new)

I'm up for it

message 15: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments Me too

message 16: by LaNona (new)

Yay!!! Would sometime in June work for you guys? It'd give each of us enough time to get a copy

message 17: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments Yep that would work!

message 18: by desara (new)

Yup!

message 19: by LaNona (new)

Eek, I'm so excited!! Thanks guys!!!

message 20: by desara (new)

SAME

message 21: by LaNona (new)

:D