Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself > I'm new and would love to be your beta reader! :)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments Hello there!

My name is Dani, and I would love to beta read your book. I have an English degree, an obsession with books, and editing/proofreading experience, but I am mainly here to read great stories and help you make them even better! :)

I read widely across genres, but I especially enjoy fantasy, sci-fi, romance, and young adult/middle grade (all varieties)!

Let me know how I can help!

message 2: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 27 comments Hi Dani. Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments Hailey wrote: "Hi Dani. Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?"

Absolutely!

message 4: by Hailey (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:51PM) (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 27 comments Dani wrote: "Hailey wrote: "Hi Dani. Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?"

Absolutely!"

I'll send more info about it via a PM on Goodreads as soon as possible.

message 5: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Taylor (kitafalcon) | 19 comments Hello! Can I email you my story? It's finished up to Chapter Seventeen, and I want to see if it's intriguing so far. It's an urban fantasy.

message 6: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments K.T. wrote: "Hello! Can I email you my story? It's finished up to Chapter Seventeen, and I want to see if it's intriguing so far. It's an urban fantasy."

Hi K.T.! Sure thing. I will PM you my email address.

message 7: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka Sheehan | 5 comments Hi Dani!
Would you be interested in reading a few chapters in my book, like the first 3? I want to know if it’s intriguing or not.
Thank you!

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments Rebecka wrote: "Hi Dani!
Would you be interested in reading a few chapters in my book, like the first 3? I want to know if it’s intriguing or not.
Thank you!"

Just PM'd you! :)

message 9: by Renaud (last edited Jun 09, 2018 10:48AM) (new)

Renaud (reno0059) | 1 comments Hello Dani,
Do you accept M/M romance?

Thank you!

message 10: by Dani (new)

Dani | 5 comments Steven wrote: "Hello Dani,
Do you accept M/M romance?

Thank you!"

Sorry for the delay, Steven. Absolutely I do! And I just PM'd you as well.

message 11: by Beth Wagner (new)

Beth Wagner | 5 comments Would you have room on your plate for a 59,040 word fantasy novella?

message 12: by OwlHousePrint (new)

OwlHousePrint  (owlhouseprint) | 3 comments Hi Dani,

Would you be interested in reading what I have so far in a college sports romance at all? I just want to get a feel if I am doing ok with my story etc.

Many thanks :)

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma | 3 comments Hi Dani!

I have a short little children's book that I want to get as many eyes on as I can before publishing! Would you be able to read something like that for me? It is rhyming.

Thanks!

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Shannon (krshannon) | 2 comments Hey Dani! You received an awesome response! Looks like your plate is already full. If you still have room, I am working on a YA sci-fi/fantasy novel (approximately 90,000 words). I'd love to send you the synopsis if you're interested :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, Dani, I have a memoir if you have room. It is young adult.

message 16: by Susie (new)

Susie Helme | 11 comments Hi Dani,
Would you be willing to beta read my 2nd novel, The Genizah Codex, a murder mystery in 3 timeframes?

message 17: by Rena (new)

Rena | 7 comments Hi looking for a beta reader for my book it is in the editing process and i would really love to get an honest review. Dm me at rena.holdip@yahoo.com

message 18: by Rena (new)

Rena | 7 comments Its a romance about a billionaire

message 19: by R.M. (new)

R.M. Harrington | 2 comments Hi, Dani.

I'm hoping you will consider reading my completed 103,000 word science fiction story. Following are notes purposefully designed to trigger your interest.

Look forward to hearing from you..
rm Harrington

Abomination of Lost Memories
Subtitled
Of Man, Ghost, and One Crazy-Is-As-Crazy-Does Woman

Logline.

Kanok Sure Strike was born with an endless memory—in fact, he remembers everything, even the very scent and taste of his mother’s womb. But in a world where people battle reoccurring memory loss, his skills arouse the greed of jealous leaders, forcing Kanok to overcome pride and conceal his expanding skill-set. In a race against time, he partners with Nadacloak Long Reach, a shadow-reader capable of peeking into future events. Yet neither youth expect to encounter an off-world professional killer or a suicidal genius struggling to hold fast to the last residues of her mental stability.

Back-cover blurb.

As Nadacloak Long Reach, the twelve-day-old daughter of Highland Ferreter, roams the carbon-nanotube caverns of Winter Refuge, she struggles to overcome a fading memory. Her friend, Kanok Sure Strike, possesses the Skill of Remembrance, but the ghost of a leech-enhanced abomination has claimed him as a spiritual breach into this world. Without a reading from Kanok, Nadacloak’s memory will disintegrate. Without help from Nadacloak, Kanok may become living slug-fodder.

When the two beleaguered youths embark on a trial by fire through monster-dominated territories, two outsiders collide in their path. Randy Martin Dobson’s space pirate captain sends him to capture super-genius JP Anderson. Unfortunately, the abduction goes off track, and both spacers end up on Tarsus. Anderson sets out for justice through any legal means of contact. Dobson aims to kill his former mates. The question is, can two teenagers stalked by their past, a trained assassin with a desire for change, and a crazy woman infected with a deadly mental virus hit it off long enough to save a dying world?

message 20: by Richard (new)

Richard Foster | 2 comments Dani wrote: "Hello there!

My name is Dani, and I would love to beta read your book. I have an English degree, an obsession with books, and editing/proofreading experience, but I am mainly here to read great s..."

Dani wrote: "Hello there!

My name is Dani, and I would love to beta read your book. I have an English degree, an obsession with books, and editing/proofreading experience, but I am mainly here to read great s..."

Hi Dani

You posted this some time ago. Are you still interested in Beta reading? I have a YA Fantasy novel I've only just finished and really need another set of eyes over it. Let me know. Richard.

message 21: by E (new)

E | 7 comments Hey Dani, my name is Eliana and I have this book I've been struggling to find a beta reader for. I just don't really know how to find one. My story is the first within a quadrilogy which I call the shattered series, this book its self is called the Song of the Broken. It is a YA fantasy romance with a bit of a mystery within it. So the Song of the Broken is about this young 16-year-old girl named Chloe. Chloe's parents died and ever since then she has been on the streets alone using her magic to survive. This man finds her taking her in and introduces her to a world of magic full of creature likes sphinxes, nymphs, hydras, elves, and everything else. Chloe is pulled into this world unable to accept who she is in it, who she is without her parents. Chloe herself is still grieving, all dark and scary having built up walls around herself to push everyone away when she was all alone. Within this world, she finds that she is still different, too powerful. Meeting her friends Kia and Aria she tries to figure out who she is while also finding out who is trying to hurt her.
This book does contain profanity and a few more intimate scenes but since it is YA it doesn't go really into anything. This book itself is set up to introduce the characters and the destiny/problem Chloe will have to face. The series follows her as she and her friends, more like family, face her destiny head-on being broken down, hurt, growing old fast, and having to fix themselves. It is funny and has deep love but it also has grief, feelings of not fitting in, and the sadness of living at times. Below is a quick little blurb about it but please get back to me if you sound interested, you can contact me at elianabaca17@gmail.com. Thanks.

Chloe’s only sixteen has no one. Her parents died leaving her alone on the street using her gift to survive. She doesn’t want her gift though, doesn’t want to admit that she’s different...not human, but then a man appears pulling her into a world of elves, witches, sphinxes, nymphs and everything she thought wasn’t real. Alas, even here Chloe isn’t normal. Chloe must find a way to survive in this world all while struggling to survive in a world without her parents or a family, her heart left black from pain. Maybe with a few friends, a bond… a few enemies, and a pain in her ass she can learn to live and find her destiny. Or maybe she’ll just be turned into an eggplant or burnt alive. I mean it is a magical high school right, what crazy shit might happen there for a snooty bad-tempered broken teenager no one can control?

message 22: by Rabiah (new)

Rabiah (bookishlybooky) | 4 comments To Dani.

This is a bit about my book:
Aaira is the oldest child in an Asian household. She knows she has to be perfect. She knows she cant make any mistakes. If she does she will be punished. She knows the price. She had to pay for her mistakes. Aaira has to hide from her past and her mistakes. She did the crime and now she has to pay the price. Nothing in life is simple nor is it free. If you make a mistake you pay. Simple.

Aaira is living a lie in Hetfordshire smiling to hide the pain and abuse disguised as love by her family. She is unable to tell anyone about it because she can‘t be a bigger disgrace then she already is but when she meets Jays who helps her see she doesn't need to live the lie she is in. She can escape from the darkness hiding in the corners of her life. Days of school and the trip to Italy make her emotions run wild. Even with Jays the shadow's don't leave her. At every turn where she sees light or happiness the darkness lurks behind her waiting to consume her and her happiness. As the sadness grows the amount of sleep she has decreases until her sleeping pills are the only thing keeping her going. Letting her sleep.

When Aaira finally believes in herself and finally thinks she can become happy that's when the darkness explodes and now she is faced with the reality of her secrets being exposed. will Jays be enough for her or will the secrets and darkness consume her.

The title of this book is Fallatious. The genre of the book is young adult fiction book completed at 7268 words with 41 chapters.

Rabiah