Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Little-known books

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zofia (new)

Zofia (nebelmeer) Are there any little-known or underrated novels that you love and recommend?

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) The Epic Crush of Genie Lo (The Epic Crush of Genie Lo #1) by F.C. Yee someone please read this

message 3: by Arthur (last edited Jun 04, 2018 03:35PM) (new)

Arthur Lopez (thequiettalkingkid) SLEEPING FRESHMEN NEVER LIE Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie

Yes the caps was necessary

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Chase (samatthebookstore) | 175 comments Definitely The Naming (which is the first book of The Books of Pellinor) by Alison Croggon. They're an awesome high fantasy series about magic and traveling and awesomeness!

message 5: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance this book is AMAZING!!!

message 6: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) The Moth Diaries is amazing and needs more people reading it

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (artemisstarlite) | 20 comments Radiance by Cathrynne M. Valente!! It’s amazing and beautifully written

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Max Daniels's 2 works Offworld and The Space Guardian. And good luck finding copies.

message 10: by JanEyre9 (new)

JanEyre9 ShareThis
MR GWYN AND THREE TIMES AT DAWN BY ALESSANDRO BARICCO. Amazing!

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 56 comments So to determine this I looked for my 5 star read with the fewest ratings and it was Divided Kingdom by Rupert Thomson. I'm not saying that Veronica Roth copied this book but...

Decide for yourself but in my opinion this book is better.

message 12: by Trish (new)

Trish Isiderio (trishupaper) Riddles of Epsilon by Christine Morton-Shaw

message 13: by Sagar (last edited Jun 09, 2018 01:29PM) (new)

Sagar (bibliophilsagar) Mrityunjaya, The Death Conqueror The Story Of Karna by Shivaji Sawant
The Hindu epic "Mahabharat" told from the point of a different but very powerful and important character named "Karna".
Give this a try.

message 14: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 448 comments The Fifth Sacred Thing, by Starhawk. So applicable in this time of dwindling resources, and Californians in particular will like/should read.

message 15: by C.A. (new)

C.A. | 58 comments Lucky Me by Saba Kapur. It's so fun and entertaining and my favorite chicklit. It's basically the perfect mix of the movies Clueless and Miss Congeniality but in novel form. Love it.

message 17: by Addison (new)

Addison Dixon The Sixteenth Summer series by Michelle Dalton
The Jane Austen Diaries and Faerie Tale Collection by Jenni James
The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller is pretty good too.

message 19: by Herman (new)

Herman Zofia wrote: "Are there any little-known or underrated novels that you love and recommend?"

I have a whole shelf just pick one I only put the best of the best out there
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 20: by Katie.dorny (new)

Katie.dorny (katiedorny) | 35 comments Rebel of the sands. It’s amazing and very overlooked in my opinion

message 21: by KristynRene (new)

KristynRene SwissCheese JellyBean  | 1 comments A Spark of White Fire came out last year and I was screaming about how much I loved it while everyone else on my feed was raving about Cruel Prince and Throne of Glass etc

message 22: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 448 comments The Thief, by Megan Whalen Turner. Well, and the rest of the series (four more books). Awesome, underrated, unusual, not to be missed by fantasy fans.

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 61 comments I Travel by Night : It seems a little slow at first but than gets good, quick read as well.

Last Train from Perdition is the sequel

message 24: by Cooper (new)

Cooper (cooperhoeksema) | 34 comments The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender It's a beautifully written magical realism that gets you caught in its humor and incredible story.

message 25: by Karin (new)

Karin Earth Girl and the other two books in the series - y/a scifi

Home to Woefield and its award winning sequel Republic of Dirt: A Return to Woefield Farm these are humour, NOT y/a

There are many more, but these are the first ones I think of when this comes up.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton and The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber are the ones that come to mind.

message 27: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle | 2 comments Read The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson!!