Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Top two favorite authors

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) So who's your top two favorite authors? Mine are Marie Lu and Leigh Bardugo

message 2: by L.C. (last edited Jun 04, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

L.C. Perry | 120 comments Currently, it's Laini Taylor and Elizabeth May :)

message 3: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 227 comments Sarah J. Maas and that's it

message 4: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 111 comments Seanan McGuire (who also writes under Mira Grant) is by far my favorite author, and also my most-read with 44 books. Rick Riordan is my other favorite author [and also next most-read with 28 books]

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bowe (sarahsbookstack) Marrisa Meyer and John Grisham

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Patrick Rothfuss and Laini Taylor

message 8: by Reynar (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:23PM) (new)

Reynar Swan (mysticabooks) | 8 comments Robert E. Howard and Neil Gaiman

Note the second name can and does change, but Robert E. Howard always remains.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments Wow, this is hard, but I will say S.E. Hinton and Jodi Picoult. They have both inspired me!

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda | 7 comments Alice Hoffman and Frederick Backman

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 62 comments I have to say J. R. R. Tolkien and Terry Pratchett.

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 326 comments Too hard! I guess Brandon Sanderson and Michael J. Sullivan.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments Its hard to pick just 2 because I love so many but i think ill have to go with Tamora Pierce and Matthew Reilly

message 16: by Trish (new)

Trish Isiderio (trishupaper) Oooh, this is hard to answer, but I think I'd narrow it down to J.K. Rowling and Stephen King. Neil Gaiman is a very close third, though.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 646 comments Marie Lu is definitely among my favourites. As for a number 2, I can't decide but I'll say Leigh Bardugo.

message 18: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 454 comments Ever? or now? Wow.

Ursula K. LeGuin
Megan Whalen Turner

message 19: by Tamar (new)

Tamar | 8 comments Megan Whalen Turner, Robbin Hobb, Leigh Bardugo, Melina Marchetta,
GRRM
Brown Pierce
joe Abercrombie
Lawrence Mark

message 20: by MC (new)

MC Turner | 121 comments I really only have one Chris colfer

message 21: by Muskaan (new)

Muskaan Gambhir | 15 comments Agatha Christie and I can't choose the other there are a lot I like

message 23: by hisjdkhfg (new)

hisjdkhfg | 1 comments Leigh Bardugo is my favourite and then probably J.K Rowling or Maggie Stiefvater. I love all of their books so much :D

message 24: by Diana (new)

Diana Cîrstea (diana_989) Rick Riordan and JK Rowling :))

message 26: by Lara (new)

Lara (lbw0708) | 3 comments Heyer Georgette and Terry Pratchett

oo and Maggie Stiefvater and Eoin Colfer as very close runners up!

message 27: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments OOhhh, I hadn't thought about Georgette Heyer. I've read her for years and years and years. And still go back periodically and re-read her, simply because, well, her wit is wonderful and her characters are fun and the type of person I'd love to have met in rl.

But that puts me at 3. And there are a few others that I have loved for many years and should probably give a nod to.

Robert A. Heinlein I started reading him back in the dark ages when the world depended on candles (at least, that's what the grandkids think. Of course, one of them asked me very seriously when he was very young "What were dinosaurs like, Grandmommy?")

Edgar Rice Burroughs I stole my older than me by 5 years brother's Tarzan of the Apes and A Princess of Mars books when I was 9 and I have been reading and re-reading them ever since.

Anne McCaffrey I have an autographed, first edition copy of her first sale (that's per HER, btw) Restoree as well as the PERN books, the Crystal Singer books, the Tower books the. . .

Those are the ones that I can think of right off the top of my head. The ones that I've loved for almost my entire life and that I go back to when I want a comfort read.

message 28: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 454 comments That's a great way to judge if you really love an author—if you reread their books. I, too, love Heyer, and have reread every one at least three times. Ditto on Heinlein, and McCaffrey. I would also add to the list Ursula LeGuin and Dick Francis. I can't figure Dick Francis out. They are all written to a specific formula—there's always a good guy, some bad guys, a mystery, a woman with whom the good guy becomes involved, and a positive resolution, and they all take place in the world of horse-racing. You would think, If you've read one, you've read them all. But they're all completely different despite their formula (sort of like Heyer, I guess) and completely engaging for multiple reads! I guess some authors are just like that.

message 29: by Danni (new)

Danni lynn ❤ (danni_lynn88) | 52 comments Carol goodman & tally bagshawe with the Sidney Sheldon stories

message 30: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments J.R.R.Tolkien & Shaun Hutson

message 31: by A. (new)

A. Olesiewicz | 3 comments Terribly tough to pick just two... but these ones in particular stand out to me, and have and I believe always will stay with me in a profound way. So here goes =)

1) Charlotte Brontë!!!! Charlotte Brontë

2) & of course, the lovely Celia Rees Celia Rees

(J.K. Rowling's in there, too-AND MORE- but I can only name two. This takes some serious reflection and self-control, the latter I'm not quite sure I possess where this is concerned... but these two female authors have written stories that have meant worlds to me. ;)

message 33: by Born To (new)

Born To Read (borntoreadbooks) tillie cole and Tarryn Fisher ( although I could have said ten more names)

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan | 17 comments J. R. R. Tolkien and Becky Albertalli

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (hungrymoot) | 4 comments Tamora Pierce from since I was a kid, and nowadays since she started punching me in the heart Courtney Summers.

message 36: by TAY (new)

TAY (bodysurfer27) | 8 comments J.K. Rowling and Cassandra Clare

I grew up reading their books. They will forever have a special place in my heart.

message 37: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 58 comments Marie lu and Leigh bardugo

message 38: by Alaa (new)

Alaa Rabie (bibliophilepotterhead) | 1 comments J.K Rowling and Leigh Bardugo.

message 39: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 3 comments Marissa Meyer is my absolute favourite, I would say Leigh Bardugo is second. (Sorry to all my other faves...)

message 40: by Hunter (new)

Hunter | 51 comments Lemony Snicket and J.K. Rowling - I've known both of them since I was a kid, and their works have very special places in my heart.

message 41: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Sarah j mass. Ally Carter.

message 42: by Orestes (new)

Orestes Gatsios | 1 comments George R R Martin
Victoria E. Schwab

message 43: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) C. S. Lewis

and

David Baldacci (who is actually the ONLY thriller author I'll read tbh)

message 45: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments (Snickering) for all of you George R. R. Martin fans, I recently found this on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lp3...

message 46: by Julio (new)

Julio Bonilla | 8 comments Eric Van Lustbader and Lee Child?

message 47: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Amie Kaufman/Meagan Spooner and Alexandra Bracken … there are tons more though

message 48: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (karissapaula) | 4 comments Man this is a hard one. Honestly I'm going to have to go with Suzanne Young and Michelle Hodkin. Simply because The Program series and The Mara Dyer Trilogy are to die for.

message 49: by DJ (new)

DJ (bishounengirl20) | 2 comments Sarah Dessen and J.K. Rowling

message 50: by Aida ☾ (new)

Aida ☾ (itsamangotree) | 398 comments Patrick Rothfuss and Rainbow Rowell, although idk, that's a really hard question

« previous 1