Tagged
This topic is about Tagged
Tagged By Eric Walters

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 12 comments Tagged By Eric Walters
Reviewed Patricia Bazante

The book Tagged by Eric Walters is about Oswald who decides to share his art through graffiti, but he doesn’t know that drawing on private property will get you in serious trouble by the law. No matter how many times his friends tell him not to draw on walls he didn’t listen to them. Until he got caught. Now he must face the consequences of his actions, which includes facing the mayor of the town. Even though Oswald knew it was wrong to draw on private property, he doesn’t want to face the law. He should have listen to his friends.

I enjoyed reading the book because I’ve seen a movie that is almost like this book. I feel like people all over the world should allow some type of graffiti because it’s a form of art. I know it’s not right to draw on other people’s wall, but cities should provide a place where people who like to draw can go. Overall it was a great book. I enjoyed reading it and learned from it. Oswald’s friend and family supported him to get out of the mess he got himself into even though his plan wasn’t to get into serious trouble. The way the author wrote the book was good. He added a lot of action and exciting moments; I felt like I was watching it happen. Also, the author showed how Oswald was feeling and how stressed he was about the problem. I felt I was stressed myself about the mayor. I recommend this book to those who like action and political and social topics.

message 2: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 16 comments This book reminds me of a popular graffiti artist who's alias is Banksy. He never got caught, so nobody actually knows who he really is. He's also done work all over the world, but he's mostly based in England.. About how you wanted an area in cities for graffiti, there's a huge strip of wall that people have done graffiti on over the decades, old art being covered up with new. I have no idea if this is actually even remotely legal, though.

message 3: by Mikey (new)

Mikey | 12 comments i have read a article on facebook about city's putting in places for graffiti artist can go and paint. it has been a big discussion for awhile now. but i am definitely going to look into this book! it seems like it has a good story to tell about a boy with hidden talents.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 12 comments Sophia wrote: "This book reminds me of a popular graffiti artist who's alias is Banksy. He never got caught, so nobody actually knows who he really is. He's also done work all over the world, but he's mostly base..."
I didn't know there was a place were they let people do graffiti. And do you know a famous art of his or does he have one that everybody knows about?

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 12 comments Mikey wrote: "i have read a article on facebook about city's putting in places for graffiti artist can go and paint. it has been a big discussion for awhile now. but i am definitely going to look into this book!..."
Are one of the places near us or where is the closest Graffiti wall?

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Cucksey | 12 comments I agree with you that graffiti is a unique art form and I wish there were more walls dedicated to it, do you know if there are any in Bellingham? Also this sounds like an interesting read!

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Keeley | 8 comments Did the author give you enough detail to visualize the graffiti? What did it look like?