What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Vampire Romance from 1990s about a girl who lived with her dad and fell in love with a vampire. There was poetry. I think she got in trouble with her granddad for something - maybe being with the boy? The boy was a vampire. She was in high school.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (electricglitter) | 10 comments I really loved a book when I was a teen and read it many times in the late 90s. It was a paperback and I live in the U.K. I think I read it around 1997 or 1998 approximately. It may have been published in the 90s or earlier. I went through a phase of reading 80s teenage romance novels and this wasn’t one of that series but it could have been bought second hand. It might even be from the 70s but I don’t remember it being dated.

It was a book about a girl who lived with her dad - I think. She fell in love with a vampire. There was poetry. I think she got in trouble with her granddad for something - maybe being with the boy? The boy was a vampire. She was in high school. I think it was set in America.

It wasn’t part of a series, it was a stand alone book. It wasn’t written by L J Smith or Christopher Pike or anyone I’d heard of. I never saw any books from that author again. It was before I had the internet so couldn’t google them.

It was (to my teenage mind) romantic. It was dark.

I appreciate this isn’t a good description, but can anyone help me track down this book please?

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Not sure this fits your description 100% but who knows...
Look for Me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn, originally published in 1995.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
And possibly The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I'd also guess it's The Silver Kiss, but you can also look at Companions of the Night and Trust Me.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (electricglitter) | 10 comments I’m not sure any of them are correct. None of them seem familiar. But I will read them. I’ve added them all to my TBR. But I’ll keep this unsolved still.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Katie wrote: "I’m not sure any of them are correct. None of them seem familiar. But I will read them. I’ve added them all to my TBR. But I’ll keep this unsolved still."

Maybe take a look at this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (electricglitter) | 10 comments Holly wrote: "Katie wrote: "I’m not sure any of them are correct. None of them seem familiar. But I will read them. I’ve added them all to my TBR. But I’ll keep this unsolved still."

Maybe take a look at this l..."

Oh great. Thank you!

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 223 comments Katie wrote: "I really loved a book when I was a teen and read it many times in the late 90s. It was a paperback and I live in the U.K. I think I read it around 1997 or 1998 approximately. It may have been publi..."

I loved The Silver Kiss, Companions of the Night, and Look for Me by Moonlight. Best books written and way better then the Twilight series, guarantee.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (electricglitter) | 10 comments I’m still looking but I haven’t read any of those recommended. I forgot about this, sorry. I think it might be The Silver Kiss so I’ve just ordered it

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie (electricglitter) | 10 comments So The Silver Kiss has arrived. I haven’t had chance to read it yet. I think I’ll enjoy it but I don’t think it’s the right book from my flick through but it dud remind me of a few details.

I immediately flipped to the end. I’m fairly sure the book ended with a poem but The Silver Kiss didn’t.

Also I think the cover was blue and had the couple on the front.