Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > YA, NA, Contemporary Romance (Booked until 1/1/19)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (last edited Sep 03, 2018 09:09AM) (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments **BOOKED UNTIL 1/1/19**

I'm a new beta reader excited to get started! I want to help you develop your work so you can feel extra proud of it (not that you don't already), which is why I want to offer my services for free.

Currently, I am only reading young adult, new adult, and contemporary romance. I don't have an issue with sensitive subject matter either. However, I'm not really much of a fantasy reader. There are a few times I can make an exception as long as it's not that extreme. If asked, I may ask for a few chapters so I can get a feel for the storyline depending on the blurb.

As your beta reader I will:
* Offer constructive criticism as well as praise/excitement for the things that worked.
* Provide you with as much feedback as possible. I will try to keep it from being too wordy, but sometimes my brain works in mysterious ways. I know some may not understand the point I'm trying to get across, so it's important that we keep an open line of communication to prevent confusion.
* Do my best to read and provide my feedback in a timely manner (depending on the length and if I am reading anything else). It's my hope to keep it under a week, but I will let you know if this isn't possible. I will give you an expected date once we've agreed to work together.
* Be willing to provide additional feedback if you have a question about something specific in your manuscript. It would be best to let me know if you'd like me to focus on it beforehand, but I understand that isn't always possible.

I ask that you:
* Remember that I am new at this and will get better with each read.
* Be understanding if I need a little extra time to provide my feedback. I may have a lot to say, your manuscript may be longer than expected, or something might have come up. I will always let you know if my original date needs to be extended.
* Don't be afraid to ask me any questions about my feedback. I'm here to help you.
* Don't get upset about any feedback I give. Again, I'm here to help you!

If interested, please message me a blurb to my account or my email at brittanybeverly33@gmail.com.

Thanks and good luck!

message 2: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 75 comments Hi there. Do you do beta readings of individual chapters?

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments I’ve never thought of it, but I can give it a shot.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 5 comments Messaged you! :)

message 5: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 75 comments Brittany wrote: "I’ve never thought of it, but I can give it a shot."

I'll send you more info about it in a PM on Goodreads.

message 6: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Dabrowska | 28 comments Brittany wrote: "I'm a new beta reader excited to get started! I want to help you develop your work so you can feel extra proud of it (not that you don't already), which is why I want to offer my services for free...."

I've just emailed you :)

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments Hailey wrote: "I'll send you more info about it in a PM on Goodreads."

I didn't get a PM from you.

message 8: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments I sent an email

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fisher (lisafisher) | 10 comments Sent you an email. :)

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Rearden | 2 comments Sent you an email as well

message 11: by Avid Reader (new)

Avid Reader  | 1 comments Sent you a PM :)

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments Lamisha wrote: "Sent you a PM :)"

Responded!

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Lynne (valerielynne)
I'm a new contemporary romance author. I'd be thrilled to work with you, if you're interested. I've sent you an e-mail with more details.

Thank you for your consideration.

Valerie Lynne

message 14: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Lynne (valerielynne) Hi Brittany,

Sent you a Goodreads and a personal e-mail.

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments Hi Valerie,

I responded to your email!

Brittany

message 16: by Abby (new)

Abby | 49 comments Hello Brittany, I sent you an email.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittanybeverly) | 7 comments Abby wrote: "Hello Brittany, I sent you an email."

Hi Abby,

I’ve replied to your email!