When We Collided
This topic is about When We Collided
When We Collide by Emery Lord

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Des'Ree (new)

Des'Ree Henry | 16 comments When We Collide by Emery Lord
Reviewed by: Des’ree Henry

This book is about two teenagers named Jonah and Vivi. They are both going through family problems and are trying to make it through the summer. Jonah lives in California and is part of a big family. He recently had someone close to him pass away. And is trying to hold his family together while trying to keep himself from falling apart. Vivi on the other hand is from Washington and is raised by her mother. Vivi leaves Washington for personal reasons for the summer and goes to California. Vivi ends up meeting Jonah at her job. As time goes on Jonah and Vivi’s relationship turns into a summer teen romance. And becomes the best summer of their lives. But as Vivi’s big secret starts to come out, their relationship starts to crumble. Will their relationship last? Or will their relationship only be a summer fling? Read the book to find out.

I thought this book was a good quick read! I fell in love with the characters and thought the plot was very interesting. Vivi’s story was relatable to anyone who is or has suffered from a mental disorder. Jonah’s story was very moving because he describes what it’s like to lose a person you love. Emery Lord also did an excellent job with the ending. The outcome was not what I expected, it was better. Usually the ending of teen romance books are cheesy but that wasn’t the case.

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 12 comments I might read this book since I enjoy books without cheesy endings. How was the plot interesting? Does the book contain lots of mysteries or cliff-hangers?

message 3: by Abby (new) - added it

Abby Munzanreder | 13 comments Where in Washington are they originally from? It's always interesting to me when a book is written with the place being in Washington since I always think of it as not much of a famous place. Does Vivi live with family in California or was she just living alone? This book sounds very interesting I'll need to add it to my want to read list.

message 4: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 10 comments This book seems like it could be really easy to relate to. I'm curious to know why Vivi left Washington, like was it something her mother did? Also is Vivi's big secret the reason why she left Washington? Overall it seems like a book I could be into, maybe i'll have to check it out.

message 5: by Des'Ree (new)

Des'Ree Henry | 16 comments Abby wrote: "Where in Washington are they originally from? It's always interesting to me when a book is written with the place being in Washington since I always think of it as not much of a famous place. Does ..."
Vivi is from Seattle and lives with mom in California.

message 6: by AnaRose (new)

AnaRose Haley | 9 comments Do you think this felt like a stereotypical teen love story? What made it different?

message 7: by Des'Ree (new)

Des'Ree Henry | 16 comments Kylie wrote: "This book seems like it could be really easy to relate to. I'm curious to know why Vivi left Washington, like was it something her mother did? Also is Vivi's big secret the reason why she left Wash..."
Vivi left Washington for one reason and you will have to read the book to find out.

message 8: by Isaiah (new)

Isaiah | 11 comments this book sounds long but good. whats vivi's big secret? i really want to know now lol.

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam | 9 comments this book sounds very interesting. like how big is her secret?does it all tie into the plot and is it to the main conflict to the story?

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 12 comments By just reading your shorty summery i can relate to Jonah already got some connections with what she's been through! I might read this book next.