What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA vietnam construction worker sent away from family

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe | 2 comments I read the book in 4th grade I'm a senior now and it just keeps coming to mind. when we read this book the teacher would pass out butterscotch candy and call them something melancholy I think the book had stir to do with this so the main character is a man who as far as I remember lays Bricks for building then he has to go away to war I think veitnam and at the end I think he comes back and that's all I got.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments You read this book about 8 year ago, correct?
Was this book geared towards children, teens, adults?

Did the book focus of the man's experience in the war? Was he a young man, older man, husband, son, father, etc?

Did a character in the book call butterscotch "[blank] melancholy" and that's why your teacher called it that?

Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Joe (new)

Joe | 2 comments 8 years ya it was more about him having to leave his family my teacher called it melancholy because i think she was trying to teach the word or get us more interested in the book but and i cant remember anything about the cover because it was read to us.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Joe, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Joe, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.