What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical , Irish, American romance novel paperback 3 families connected from Ireland to America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Pacheco | 2 comments I read this book in the early 90's, so it was written between 1980 and 1995. It was a historical romance taking place in Ireland. It started off with an older woman (Mara or Coleen maybe)who agrees to marry the neighbor man. They learn to love each other and have two boys. When this lady is pregnant with their third child, a daughter, the husbands hires a neighbor girl to nanny for them. He starts to have an affair with the young girl named Kathleen I think. She runs off pregnant and moves in with a widower named danny (maybe). He has two kids, and Kathleen takes care of them through a bout of diptheria. Danny wants to make his fortune in California, and marries Kathleen and they move. The two prosper in California, a daughter is born to them, and through coincidence and circumstance the daughter falls in love with the first woman's ( Mara or Colleen) son who is a ship captain. The novel ends up back in Ireland. And Mara/Colleen tells the son that she knew of the affair forgave her husband Long ago, and blesses the marriage. Please, please help!! It has been driving me insane for years!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Kathleen?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Jessica, was that your book or are you still looking?

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Pacheco | 2 comments Still looking

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

How about now?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Kathleen (other topics)