What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult/Pre-Teen Book about a Girl who meets a family at a wedding and befriends them, and then they sue her

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie Short (new)

Allie Short | 2 comments It's been over 5 years since I've read this book and I can't remember the title or author, and search engines have been no help to me.

A girl meets a mom, dad and daughter at a wedding, and thinks that they're very fashionable and fun to hang out with. They take her out on a picnic to private property, police find them. Later on the girl lets the family use her family's summer cabin, but the mom slips in the shower and sues the girl because she didn't have a bathmat. I believe the girl wins the lawsuit.

The parents names may be something like Charles and Veronica? That sounds familiar. Thank you to anyone who can help!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Did the story focus mainly on the lawsuit?
Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Allie Short (last edited Jun 05, 2018 11:10AM) (new)

Allie Short | 2 comments from what I remember, the lawsuit was only in the last half of the book, but was the main conflict. I don't think it was part of a series, and it was modern day for when it was written (2005-2013ish). I don't remember the cover at all, sorry!

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Seconding Ayshe's suggestion. This is definitely Lily B. on the Brink of Cool.