Play Book Tag discussion

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1)
This topic is about Every Heart a Doorway
June 2018: Magical Realism > Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) - 4 solid stars

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments What a mobid yet delightful little book this is! Thanks to those of you that recommended it as I don't think I would have gone near it without your encouragement. It fit the magical realism bill perfectly. I loved the quirky characters and enjoyed the nods to Narnia, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and The Enchanted Wood, yet still found it thoroughly original. I can't wait to read the next in the series. I might even slip it in this month if I get the chance. I have a wish list a mile long for this tag. It seems to really be ringing my bell.

Hebah (quietdissident) | 675 comments Loved this book. I read it first from the library but had to go buy my own copy so I could mark beautiful passages.

message 3: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Glad to hear the praise, I bought this one a while back.

Tracy (tstan) | 1238 comments I really have been enjoying this series. It’s a terrific escape from the usual!

Nicole | 430 comments The title alone draws me in! On the TBR it goes!

Susie | 4488 comments I hope you like it Nicole!

Nicole | 430 comments Thanks Susie, I’m sure I will. I’m a sucker for magical realism and dark fairy tales, I can’t imagine a combination of the two not being a great read.

message 8: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2671 comments Morbid. Quirky. You got me!

message 9: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments This looks right up my ally!

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Every time I see this title all I hear in my head is "Carry on my Wayward Son! There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more"

Soooo, thanks for that.

Amy N. | 256 comments I'm glad you liked it!