Banging Book Club discussion

I Love Dick
This topic is about I Love Dick
2018 Books > I Love Dick

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mai (mai_reads) | 4 comments If no one's gonna make a discussion thread for this book, I will! 😅

Alright, so, I reviewed this book on my blog, but tl;dr my thoughts:

I get why a lot of people abandoned this book (at least judging by the most-shelved-as section on its Goodreads page) - at one point, I was about to, too! It is kinda absurd, but in a way that drags you in; I do think that a lot more people would be pissed about this book if it were about a guy stalker-writing to a girl, though. Loved the letter-journal format of the first part, not so much the art-theory second part, which bored me to the point of almost abandoning, but I skim-read through it (I'm sure it's great, but I have the attention span of a goldfish. Might be returning to it someday!). Poor Dick. Lots of favorite quotes from this book, though!

message 2: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Pickett | 2 comments Omg, Yes! I started this book 2 years ago, got half way through it and still haven’t had the urge to return. If anyone read I Love Dick all the way through, please tell me if it is worth revisiting. I just felt kinda sad reading it, but everybody raves about it.

Jess | 1 comments I read the first few chapters, skimmed the rest and read the last few pages. Not my kind of book anyway.