Ange | 22 comments Mod
Here is what we will be reading each month:

2018:

June: The Loving Spirit

July: I’ll Never Be Young Again

August: Julius…. Also known as The Progress of Julius

September: Jamaica Inn

October: Rebecca

November: Come Wind, Come Weather (Short Story Collection)

December: Happy Christmas (Short Story) + Frenchman’s Creek

2019:

January: Hungry Hill

February: The Years Between (Play) + The King’s General

March: September Tide (Play) + The Parasites

April: My Cousin Rachel

May: The Birds and Other Stories (also known as …. The Apple Tree or Kiss Me Again, Stranger)

June: Mary Anne

July: The Scapegoat

August: Early Stories

September: The Breaking Point (Short Stories)

October: Castle Dor

November: The Glass Blowers

December: The Flight of the Falcon

January: The House on the Strand

February: Don’t Look Now (known as Not After Midnight)

March: Rule Britannia

April: The Rendezvous and Other Stories

May: The Doll

message 2: by Hana (new)

Hana | 7 comments Thank you Ange for inviting me to the group. This is going to be a very nice push as I was not planning to read any Daphne de Maurier’s books any time soon. I’m looking forward to reading all the books with you and I love how you made a list of the books. This will allow me to get the books beforehand. But unfortunately I might not read the first but book with you because I just ordered it and it won’t be delivered in less than two weeks time :(

message 3: by Raluca (new)

Raluca Ferrari Hello there! I am so curious about this new project. I only read Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel. I have just downloaded My loving Spirit. I am starting this week, on Wednesday (I know I am late).

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I’ve also only read Rebecca (several times- I love it!) and My Cousin Rachel, so I’m excited to read all her other works!

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare Snow (claresnow) | 6 comments Not more books for my TBR!? but I'm in. I just might following at a crawling pace :-)

message 6: by Tania (new)

Tania | 8 comments Thanks for the invite Ange.
I've recently read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier , My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier and last week, I finished Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier , so I was planning to read more soon.

message 7: by Benji (new)

Benji (thirstforwords) | 1 comments Go on then, I'm in. Always wanted to read more of Du Maurier's books and this gives me the perfect excuse. :-)

message 8: by Ange (new)

Ange | 22 comments Mod
Thank you, everyone, for joining! I'm so excited to be reading these with you :) Very excited for the project.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Polyreader (polyreader_amy) | 1 comments Sounds excellent! Thanks for the invite. I have lots on over the next 2 months but I'll definitely join in for Rebecca and maybe some others too. X

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie Lumsden (katie-booksandthings) What a great project Ange! I will probably join in here and there rather than every month, but I'm excited to read more Daphne Du Maurier :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessamaral) Thanks for the invite! I've only read Rebecca, can't wait to read her other books! :)

Mary (booksandpizza) (bookspizza) | 1 comments Of course I'm in yet another book club, but I'm so excited for this one, only just started on Daphne Du Maurier and I'm completely in love! Hope I'll be able to follow along. Thank you Ange :)

message 13: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments Ange,

Thank you for starting this group. It will give me a chance to re-visit some old favourites and read others that have been on my TBR for a bit.

message 14: by Leigh (new)

Leigh I'm looking forward to reading along with other Du Maurier fans!

message 15: by A.G. Lake (new)

A.G. Lake I am exactly reading Loving Spirit so I am in!

message 16: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Just requested July's book through ILL since my library doesn't have it. Thanks for being all organized with a schedule and everything.

message 17: by Kinga (new)

Kinga | 1 comments My copy of The Loving Spirit came much later than I anticipated so I'll be reading it in July right before I'll never be young again.

message 18: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments A book that everyone might be interested in reading is Neverland: J.M. Barrie, the Du Mauriers, and the Dark Side of Peter Pan Neverland J.M. Barrie, the Du Mauriers, and the Dark Side of Peter Pan by Piers Dudgeon

It shows how J.M. Barrie was around influencing the Du Maurier family. And Barrie spent plenty of time with Daphne and her parents.

message 19: by Susmita (new)

Susmita Bhattacharyya | 1 comments Thanks for the invitation. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, I missed the group reading up to now. But I'm looking forward to read Rebecca on October.

message 20: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandra_tejero) | 1 comments Hi!

I'm so looking forward to buddy reading Recebba with you in October!!!! It is my first buddy read with this group... How does it exactly work?
Thank you and greetings from Barcelona!

Alexandra

message 21: by Ange (new)

Ange | 22 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "Hi!

I'm so looking forward to buddy reading Recebba with you in October!!!! It is my first buddy read with this group... How does it exactly work?
Thank you and greetings from Barcelona!

Alexandra"

Hi Alexandra,

Happy to hear that you will be joining us in October for Rebecca. We each read it at our own pace over the month and then discuss it on a chat I create here on this group.

Ange :)

message 22: by Ange (new)

Ange | 22 comments Mod
Cheyenne wrote: "I NEED TO CATCH UP WITH THOSE EARLY ONES! Hopefully I'll join the group in 2019. Is there an instagram tag we can join?"
#daphnedumaurierproject

This is the hashtag I've been using on instagram :)

message 23: by A.G. Lake (new)

A.G. Lake Buddy reading is a new term for me

message 24: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) hi! I'm new to the group. I've only read Rebecca & My Cousin Rachel. i'll be jumping into the group reads next month, November. yay! I gotta remember that hashtag.

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah | 4 comments I'm so behind! I have but have not read Julius, halfway through Jamaica Inn and just picked up Rebecca from the library. Hoping to catch up in the school holidays!

message 26: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I borrowed Frenchman's creek from the library so I'm ready to go whenever.

message 27: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments I’ve started “Frenchman’s Creek”. So far it’s rather interesting.

message 28: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) Quirkyreader wrote: "I’ve started “Frenchman’s Creek”. So far it’s rather interesting."

that's good to hear, this will be my first read of it.

message 29: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) Latasha wrote: "Quirkyreader wrote: "I’ve started “Frenchman’s Creek”. So far it’s rather interesting."

that's good to hear, this will be my first read of it."

I think I will start this tomorrow, Thursday.

message 30: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 3 comments I have been meaning to read Frenchman’s Creek for a while. I held on it to read it with you peeps.

It's my third novel from her and fifth book (I've read one of her short story collections).

message 31: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) I got Hungry Hill today so I’m ready for January.

message 32: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) are we still reading my cousin rachel in april?

message 33: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments I’m still behind with my reading, but I hope to catch up soon. I’ve read “My Cousin Rachel” before and I’m looking forward to reading it again.

message 34: by Francesca (new)

Francesca (engfragui) | 1 comments I hope we're indeed reading My Cousin Rachel! I just found this group and I would love to join in, starting in April.

message 35: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments This was in today’s guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/201...

message 36: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments I have fallen way behind, but I hope to catch up soon. I found a copy of “Hungry Hill” over the weekend. So I am excited about that.

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen Ange said on her YouTube channel that she has postponed this read-along for a while.Not sure when she's starting it back up

message 38: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments I’m sad to hear that it is postponed. But on the plus side it will provide a catch up time, give more people a chance to join in, but most of all give us a chance to gather all the tittles.

message 39: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 17 comments Today I actually found a copy of what was supposed to be the October 2019 read Castle Dor by Arthur Quiller-Couch Castle Dor