Roleplay in Different Eras! discussion

Modern RP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 263 (263 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments Nate tuned the corner in his new black mustang. It was great having a dad who loved cars because of things like this. He really didn’t have any particular destination. Football practice had ended and he knew his parents worked late, so he had the afternoon to himself. He drove past a small coffee shop that was basically hidden in a wall of ivy. He didn’t know what made him go back, Park, and go in, but he did so anyway. Grabbing his backpack and phone, he sit his car off and bounded inside. The place was a little stuffy, but it seemed to be one of the happiest places he had ever been, even when he lived in the Bahamas. He looked toward the counter and read the menu above the single worker’s head. He began to order but the other employee looked at him and said to wait. “Wait for what,” he thought,”There is no one here! And that person isn’t doing anything.” With a sigh he took a seat near the counter and waited. For what, he had no clue, but just the same he waited.

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He looked at her shocked face. He had seen girls look at him before but never like this. “I’m sorry. Did I scare you?”

message 3: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Well I’m kinda new to the area. I have never been in here! What would you recommend?” He smiled at her

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He laughed. He liked the girl. “Then I’ll have just that. Actually I’ll have both! One black coffee and one lavender latte please ma’am.” He watched as the girl turned quickly when he said ma’am. His smile widened. Why was he so happy?

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He didn’t know what possessed him but he took out a twenty and handed it to her. Then he took out 6 dollars and handed that to her too. When she looked confused, he laughed. “You said I had better tip you!”

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He laughed. “Well one is for you. The black coffee.”

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments (I have gotten that a lot actually. People tell me that.)

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments (I wish I was as pretty as she is though!)

message 9: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments (Oh I don’t know about that. She’s an actress. I’m not)

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Are you gonna stand there and stare at me or are you doing to come sit down?” He laughed. He was never this way. Never outspoken.

message 11: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Oh? I hadn’t noticed. Wait! Are you in my Chemistry class?”

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Exactly! You’re the really smart but silent girl!”

message 13: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He just smiled

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “See you in Chem tomorrow? Sorry. Don’t mean to keep you! See you tomorrow Indy.” He smiled and grabbed his lavender latte. It tasted like home. He hadn’t told Indy where he Was from because he always had people asking him what it was like to live in the Bahamas. He didn’t want to be interrogated like every other person that interrogated him since he had gotten to the high school in town. He picked up his bag, realizing that he hadn’t gotten any homework done, and grabbed his keys off the table. As he walked out the door he gave one last look at the girl behind the counter. He waved goodbye and walked out the door.

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments Nate jumped back into his car and rolled down the top letting he warm sun shine on his face. Taking a deep breath he put the car into gear and drove off. When he got home, his mom was making dinner.

“Hey mom! It smells amazing,” he said entering the kitchen, “How was your day?”

“Just fine! The store was busy today and your father came home early. He was wondering where you were. I told him you were probably on your way home. I see I was correct!” She gave him a quick kiss and sent him to talk to his father

“Hey dad. Sorry I’m later. Didn’t think you guys would be home so early. I went to a little coffee shop and got a lavender latte!” He held up the latte for his dad to see.

His dad peered over his glasses and newspaper. “Hello Nate. It’s fine. I was just wondering where you were. And a lavender latte!? That’s just like at home!”

“Yeah. And it tastes just like home too. Wanna try? I saved you some.”

“Bring it here. I’ll be the ultimate judge!” His dad took a sip and his eyes grew large. “Wow. That’s fantastic. Just like grandma used to make it.”

Nate smiled at his dad and went back to the kitchen to talk to his mom.

“So, honey, how was your day?” His mom said while stirring a pot.

“Oh ur was pretty average. Math was hard. Chem was even harder. English wasn’t too bad. We are reading the Iliad. It’s pretty great actually. Very interesting. School lunch was really bad today. It was a meatball sandwich. Bleh. Tasted like rubber, so I’m pretty hungry!”

“Well why don’t you go wash our hands. Dinner is just about ready.” She smiled over her shoulder while wiping her hands on her apron.

Nate jumped up to do as he was told.

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “ I think I’ll turn in early. Nate said to his mom and dad after dinner. “I had a long day after school and I need to rest before my final tomorrow. The chemistry final is going to be crazy. I can’t believe I’m making a B in that class. It’s so much harder than all the classes in the Bahamas. Would it be OK if I took dessert up to my room so I can get some last minute studying in?” He had always been a good student, when he came back to America, he had excelled farther than his parents ever thought he could. Whenever he was 10 years old he was diagnosed with dyslexia.

“Sure honey. That’s fine” his mom replied.

“Thanks mom. Love you guys. See you in the morning!” He bounded upstairs and put on his T-shirt and old sweatpants.

message 17: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments Nate woke with a start. Flopping back on his bed he remembers that he started finals today. 8 am. Chem final. Then he remembered Indy. He smiled. He got up, got t dressed and headed to school

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments Nate saw Indy. She was two desks away and obviously needed a pencil. He handed her a pencil and winked.

message 19: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments Nate waited for Indy outside the classroom

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Hey. See now aren’t you glad you knew me? You would be pencil-less.” He mocked. But when he looked harder he saw he bags under her eyes. “You ok? You look tired.”

message 21: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Well. I’m done for now. I got ahead when I lived in the Bahamas.” He immediately cringed after dying that. He forgot that she didn’t know he was from the Bahamas.

message 22: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He waved and walked away wishing he could have talked to her longer. Before he knew it, he was turning back around. “Indy!” He called loudly.

message 23: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “You wanna get some dinner later?”

message 24: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “You got it! Diner in town near the bank at 6!” He yelled back. Turning around he jumped and pumped his fist in the air, immediately whipping his head around to see if Indy saw. But, she was already long gone. He didn’t understand it, but somehow he was falling for this girl who was the complete opposite of him. He chuckled to himself as he vowed that the cigarettes were going to have to go before he took her home to his parents. Shaking his head, embarrassed that he was even thinking of that, he hopped into his car to drive to work.

message 25: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He was actually an hour early. He didn’t want to be late. That wasn’t fair. As soon as she walked up to the door he stood.

message 26: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He laughed. “You’re smiling, Indy.” He said quietly leaning his head closer.

message 27: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He leaned back in his chair. “I’m not sure why. You do have a nice smile.” He turned to wave down a waiter.

message 28: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “I always get the burger! It’s great!”

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “I was kidding about the burger you know. I’m actually a vegetarian. I get the Cesar Salad.” He smiled at her confusion.

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He nodded as he ordered his food telling the waiter to come back soon to take Indy’s order too.

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Totally up to you. Whatever you want. I’m paying.”

message 32: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Fries it is then.” He handed the menu to the waiter. “So tell me bout your family. Brothers? Sisters? Mom? Dad?”

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Just me my mom and my dad.”

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “I’m not sure what it is. I didn’t ask for it.” He said shying away from it a bit. He was amazed at how much more unhealthy the food was here in America.

message 35: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “You like junk food?”

message 36: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Not a lot. I don’t think I have ever eaten an Oreo. What is it?”

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He laughed. “Ok ok. You got me.” He took a bite and his eyes widened. “Oh. My. Gosh.”

message 38: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Now you got me hooked!” He took them from her and dunked them in the milk. “Oh. Oh my. Wow. Oh gosh. Holy crap. Dear lord that’s delicious.”

message 39: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Never.” He promised

message 40: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Well there’s a movie at 8. But we don’t have to go if you don’t want to.”

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Well spit it out Zipper Lips.” He laughed

message 42: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Lobster racing? I never would have thought of it. How do you do that?”

message 43: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Where do we get those?”

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Sounds like a plan to me. Let’s finish and then race lobsters.” He laughed. He didn’t even do that in the Bahamas.

message 45: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments (Full disclosure... I have no idea where this is taking place... it reminds me so freaking much of Gilmore Girls!)

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He watched her hop up and order the biggest milkshake he had ever seen. When she came back over he grabbed a straw and stuck it in. “YUM!” He teased and he watched her turn red with embarrassment

message 47: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Sure is!” He winked making her even redder.

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “I am if you are. Let’s take my car!”

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments He noticed she was cold and wrapped his jacket around her

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 886 comments “Maybe. Warmer though right?”

« previous 1 3 4 5 6